x Turn on thread page Beta

Elder Scrolls Thread watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RhaegoTarg)
    Started playing it again last week.
    Got bored fairly easy.

It is good, but not the game for me.
    Active enough.
    What makes it boring compared to skyrim/oblivion?

ReputationRep:
    Any of you guys tried out the Falskaar mod for Skyrim? I just tried it out today for the first time and so far, I'm very impressed.

For those who haven't, it is a mod that was created by a guy who wanted a job with Bethesda and it has a bunch of new NPCs, about 20 odd quests including a main quest line and radiant quests and the size of the new area added is roughly the size of between 2 to 3 Skyrim holds. All in all, it adds about 20 to 30 extra gameplay hours.

ReputationRep:
    Just finished the Falskaar mod. Must say, its very impressive. I definitely recommend it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I fell in love with Oblivion. I liked Skyrim, cool graphics but Oblivion will always be the bomb to me! Hope they'd create something with more Dark Brotherhood C:

ReputationRep:
    My favourite part of Elder Scrolls is the Dark Brotherhood. I thought the Oblivion one was more fun, especially the Whodunnit quest where you kill everyone lol

ReputationRep:
    Cicero made the Dark Brotherhood for me in Skyrim. He was highly quirky and irritating but had somewhat of a charm

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My experience of The Elder Scrolls is odd.

I bought Oblivion purely because I was looking in a games magazine and saw an advertisement of the game, featuring a deer. The idea of hunting deer appealed to me for some strange reason. When I got it, bearing in mind I'd never experienced an open-world RPG before, I was absolutely amazed by the vast amount of content in the game. I truly was impressed. Then I tried out unmodded Morrowind. Good game, but I got bored. Also, it kept crashing. Years later, Skyrim is released. I was super hyped for it, but I didn't end up playing it for as long as I had thought. I don't know, the vanilla game just isn't that great, albeit it was nice and fresh to begin with. I've tried Oblivion and Morrowind modded, which makes them far better. Skyrim modded is great, and I do sometimes get a few hours gameplay out of it, but I just can't get into it right now.

I'd actually argue Morrowind is the better game. The level of detail coupled with the landscape, characters, writing etc just make it a far deeper, much more compelling RPG in my opinion. I can't play it without mods though.

ReputationRep:
    What mods do you guys recommend for Skyrim? Falskaar is the only one I've tried

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    What mods do you guys recommend for Skyrim? Falskaar is the only one I've tried

Posted from TSR Mobile
    New Quests
    The forgotten city, sea of ghosts, Moonpath to Elsewyr, Moon and Star, Descent into Madness

Immersive
    Frostfall, Realistic Needs and DIseases, Sounds of Skyrim

ReputationRep:
    Just about to install the Wyrmstooth mod, any of you guys played this one?

ReputationRep:
    TES is one of my favourite things ever! Grew up playing TES III: Morrowind, which is still my favourite game of all time.

Oblivion was absolutely fantastic too, especially with the Shivering Isles and Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul. I didn't like Skyrim too much. Felt too much like a grind while I had my hand held but like I said I grew up with Morrowind... Always felt Skyrim was an ocean with the depth of a puddle. Whereas the other games despite lack of polish and fantastic engines, were such rich and beautiful games.

ESO was... Okay. Just a decent time killer but didn't hold my attention well. It was nice to explore new places in the universe but ultimately felt kinda empty. Same kinda feel as Skyrim, it was all a facade. Felt dead behind the eyes.

Just my opinion on the subject!

ReputationRep:
    I'm playing Witcher 2 at the moment, it's amazing but I just want to play Oblivion again. 😆

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I wish some concrete news on ES6 would come out

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So you guys think I should go back and play oblivion and morrowind? I've been playing skyrim since 2011

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by martinnmartin)
    So you guys think I should go back and play oblivion and morrowind? I've been playing skyrim since 2011

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hell yeah! I wish I had the time. I'd love to play them through again.

ReputationRep:
    Just about to try the Skyrim mod - Agent of Righteous Might

Any of you guys tried?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Cicero made the Dark Brotherhood for me in Skyrim. He was highly quirky and irritating but had somewhat of a charm

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you read his journals, he was basically a genius before he went insane.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.