Turn on thread page Beta

Women Protection Bill protested by religious leaders as 'un-Islamic' watch

ReputationRep:
    So much islamophobia and hate in this thread and on this site in general. You'd think it was a BNP/EDL right wing forum, not one with the current generations so called brightest liberal student minds. Shocking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by digistar_100)
    So much islamophobia and hate in this thread and on this site in general. You'd think it was a BNP/EDL right wing forum, not one with future generations so called brightest liberal minds. Shocking.

Except we aren't Liberals you dullard.

"Liberalism is a mental disorder" - Michael Savage

We are Contrarian polemicists

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wdkmwd)
    Except we aren't Liberals you dullard.

"Liberalism is a mental disorder" - Michael Savage

We are Contrarian polemicists
    Something tells me you're not going to last very long on this site.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dima-Blackburn)
    Something tells me you're not going to last very long on this site.

WOW, that's sooooooooooooo amazing.

Next time, try telling someone who cares.

ReputationRep:
    WOW, that's soo amazing.

Next time, try telling someone who cares.
    You cared enough to reply

ReputationRep:
    You cared enough to reply

A person goes out of his house and gets lost, he asks a passer-by for directions.

The passer-by tells him the right directions.

Does the passer-by care where the person is going? No.

Did he reply? Yes.

Dog sh*t > Your logic

ReputationRep:
    A person goes out of his house and gets lost, he asks a passer-by for directions.

The passer-by tells him the right directions.

Does the passer-by care where the person is going? No.

Did he reply? Yes.

Dog sh*t > Your logic
    The passer-by cared enough to take his/her time out to help the lost person.

You tried :console:

ReputationRep:
    The passer-by cared enough to take his/her time out to help the lost person.

You tried :console:

That doesn't mean he gives a sh•t about the person or where he's going LOL.

(Original post by digistar_100)
    So much islamophobia and hate in this thread and on this site in general. You'd think it was a BNP/EDL right wing forum, not one with the current generations so called brightest liberal student minds. Shocking.
    You're assuming that defending and apologising for Islam is a liberal thing to do -- it isn't. Only regressive liberals pretend that Islam is anything but illiberal by modern standards.

It's a shame that you and your ilk are never quite as easily offended by the actual outrage -- that an unelected religious body has called for a law protecting the rights of women in a country where they're considered chattel to be struck down on grounds of it being 'un-Islamic.' But yeah, 'Islamophobia' on a student website is definitely the bigger problem... :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    You're assuming that defending and apologising for Islam is a liberal thing to do -- it isn't. Only regressive liberals pretend that Islam is anything but illiberal by modern standards.

It's a shame that you and your ilk are never quite as easily offended by the actual outrage -- that an unelected religious body has called for a law protecting the rights of women in a country where they're considered chattel to be struck down on grounds of it being 'un-Islamic.' But yeah, 'Islamophobia' on a student website is definitely the bigger problem... :facepalm2:
    PRSOM. :five:

ReputationRep:
    Was only a matter of time
    Attached Images

To hell with the I-SOC society.
    Well, okay. :dontknow: You're not exactly making it harder for them to ban opposing voices.

ReputationRep:
    You're not supposed to post/discuss these in public threads, so unless you want another one, I'd delete your post. The I-Soc religious police is ever-vigilant.
    TSR Mutaween...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commit...(Saudi_Arabia)

ReputationRep:
    Well, okay. :dontknow: You're not exactly making it harder for them to ban opposing voices.

It's not like I'm on their group.

How is it fair for them to leave their group and act as some sorta civil vigilantes reporting comments they don't agree with.

I've seen hundred's off posts off them calling western women whores and other offensive things, but would i leave what I'm doing just to report comments i disagree with?

Hell no.

It's not like I'm on their group.

How is it fair for them to leave their group and act as some sorta civil vigilantes reporting comments they don't agree with.

I've seen hundred's off posts off them calling western women whores and other offensive things, but would i leave what I'm doing just to report comments i disagree with?

Hell no.
    TSR isn't fair. The sooner you learn this, the longer you'll be able to survive here. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    This is the key. You would imagine that these people might there is something wrong with their thinking when they complain about those who criticise Islam rather than condemn the Islamic preachers who are using the Koran to justify the continued repression of women, to the extent that they try to shout down a law to protect them.

I challenge any of them to come forward and state, in writing, why suppressing criticism on TSR is more important to them than the lives and well-being of the women in Pakistan that this law is intended to benefit.

@HAnwar

@digistar_100

ReputationRep:
    And you have people on here saying Muslim countries are some of the best for women..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    And you have people on here saying Muslim countries are some of the best for women..

Either they have brain deficiencies. Or they get aroused by lying.

(Original post by Good bloke)
    This is the key. You would imagine that these people might there is something wrong with their thinking when they complain about those who criticise Islam rather than condemn the Islamic preachers who are using the Koran to justify the continued repression of women, to the extent that they try to shout down a law to protect them.

I challenge any of them to come forward and state, in writing, why suppressing criticism on TSR is more important to them than the lives and well-being of the women in Pakistan that this law is intended to benefit.

@HAnwar

@digistar_100
    Seconded.

Also, the tags didn't work, so here:

HAnwar
    digistar_100

ReputationRep:

PRSOM.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.