The Student Room Group

EU Student Applying For Postgraduate Loan Information

Hi :smile:,

I had some general questions on Postgraduate Finance for EU Students, that aren't really on the link below. I am putting together my budget and any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have been excepted into a Masters program at Exeter and can't wait to start.

My questions are:

1. Does the possibility of Brexit have an impact on if these loans would still be available for EU students?
2. How long from when you put in your application would it be until the money comes through?
3. What type of information would I need for the application and are there any more information about the exact date by now?
4. Do I need I need to be living already in Exeter?
5. Do I need a UK bank account or can they transfer the money direct to the University?

I understand you might not have more information on this, but any general help for example on how this works with undergraduate loans would be really great.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=21647-Postgraduate-Loans

Thank you so much for your time!

Anna
Original post by Anna.Mo
Hi :smile:,

I had some general questions on Postgraduate Finance for EU Students, that aren't really on the link below. I am putting together my budget and any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have been excepted into a Masters program at Exeter and can't wait to start.

My questions are:

1. Does the possibility of Brexit have an impact on if these loans would still be available for EU students?
2. How long from when you put in your application would it be until the money comes through?
3. What type of information would I need for the application and are there any more information about the exact date by now?
4. Do I need I need to be living already in Exeter?
5. Do I need a UK bank account or can they transfer the money direct to the University?

I understand you might not have more information on this, but any general help for example on how this works with undergraduate loans would be really great.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=21647-Postgraduate-Loans

Thank you so much for your time!

Anna

1. A Brexit vote in June would start a two year long negotiation period for the UK to leave the EU. If you're applying for a 1 year course starting in Autumn 2017 then changes to eligibility are unlikely to affect you.
2. We don't know this yet - there are likely to be deadlines for applying for funding and (as with the current UG system) it's likely that payment will only happen after your university confirms your physical attendance to the SLC.
3. All we have for definite is "Summer 2016" and hints that this means June
4. no - as an EU applicant you don't need to be living in the UK or England to be eligible
5. The loan is paid directly to you - it's then up to you to use it to either pay your fees or to cover living expenses. You'll know whether this needs to be a UK bank account when the application forms are released in the Summer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending