Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi, i'm pretty new to this website so i don't really know what i'm doing so you'll have to excuse me here😂 (i may put this in both the medicine and the healthcare categories)
    i'm supposed to be starting to look at universities now (for 2017 entry) and i'm really confused about what i actually want to do as a career right now, so i'm not sure what courses to consider!
    i either want to go into childrens nursing or being a biomedical scientist (2 completely different options, i know) and i'm not sure which i'd prefer to do!
    i have things holding me back from both of them, i'm put off nursing slightly because i have social phobia (so i don't think that being constantly around other people 24/7 would be right for my mental health) but i think that there are more opportunities for nurses job wise? and i'm also put off doing biomedicine at uni (to become a biomedical scientist, perhaps) because i'm scared that i'm too thick to do that and that uni's would prefer someone with a-levels? (i'm a btec kid :/) i think i do prefer the idea of doing biomedicine though because i really love the more science related side of my college course (health science) and i do get good grades in my assignments (i've achieved straight distinctions so far) and i guess there are loads of different jobs that you could go into with that - but i just don't know what i want to do and my teachers are really piling on the pressure - ahh!

what do you guys think would be a better option for me? or things i can do to help me make up my mind😂😂

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.