Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hey, everyone!

I’m new to this website and I’m in a bit of a dilemma trying to decide on a postgraduate course. I’m from Brazil and I’ve never studied in the UK, or spent more than a week there on holiday, but I’ve always wanted to live abroad for a while, and I have family living in London and my best friend is from England, so I will have some support there.

I got an offer to study MA Character Animation at UAL Central Saint Martins and Film-making and Media Arts at the University of Glasgow and I’m not sure which one to go for. Does anyone know about those two courses? I have a background in video editing and film, so Film-making at Glasgow would be an extension of what I have been doing, and I believe the University of Glasgow has more reputation (?? I could be wrong, I don't know), however I have always wanted to work with animation.

Has anyone taken the UAL character animation course and could tell me if it’s good? Especially for someone new to animation?

Thank you so much!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 16, 2016
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.