Turn on thread page Beta

Where do you buy your petrol from? watch

ReputationRep:
    So there's the usual supermarkets or petrol stations like Texaco, BP and Shell. Usually i got Asda as its cheap but i heard of Shell V Power which supposedly is better for your car and provides more power and mileage due to its higher octane rating.

I've bought normal Shell petrol and i swear my car starts faster and feels smoother. I wanna try the V power stuff but its 15p more a liter than supermarket stuff so its not exactly cheap. Anybody care to chime in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silver Arrow)
    So there's the usual supermarkets or petrol stations like Texaco, BP and Shell. Usually i got Asda as its cheap but i heard of Shell V Power which supposedly is better for your car and provides more power and mileage due to its higher octane rating.

I've bought normal Shell petrol and i swear my car starts faster and feels smoother. I wanna try the V power stuff but its 15p more a liter than supermarket stuff so its not exactly cheap. Anybody care to chime in?
    Probably better for the engine if you drive a newish expensive car but the extra miles you will get cannot be offset against the extra 15p per litre.

I'm going to be getting it from across the road from now on. Your petrol is a bit obvious... It's a bit petrolly. Come on, John. Let's saddle our horses and get ourselves a curly cumberland sausage from the Little-biddy chef.

Little chef.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lustawny)
    I'm going to be getting it from across the road from now on. Your petrol is a bit obvious... It's a bit petrolly. Come on, John. Let's saddle our horses and get ourselves a curly cumberland sausage from the Little-biddy chef.

Little chef.
    Wat?

ReputationRep:
    I dont have to buy petrol as my car is electric hehe

ReputationRep:
    There is a gypsy that gets me a good price.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M14B)
    Probably better for the engine if you drive a newish expensive car but the extra miles you will get cannot be offset against the extra 15p per litre.
    Surely an older car would benefit more as the engine would get cleaned, no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silver Arrow)
    Surely an older car would benefit more as the engine would get cleaned, no?
    makes sense

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.