Self study AS Level physics, is it possible? Watch

idkman
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I only have a few to go until my exams start, and I'm definitely going to fail history... I know I should've done something about that a looong time ago, but I thought I could do it until now :/ (that's really stupid of me i know i know...)
I know it's impossible to do the exams this June, but IAL Edexcel introduced October exams this year, so I might do that then (and if not i can just do the exams on January next year), and start studying the subject from now. I already self studied gcse psychology last year in one year and I got a good mark, so I know I can definitely study a subject on my own, and I did really well in igcse physics and I like the subject. However, I know I can't compare an easy-ish gcse subject with A level physics. I heard it's really tough and most of my friends got low marks in their January exam, so I'm really really worried. The problem is I don't really have a choice. It's either I definitely fail history... or maybe pass maybe fail physics???
Anyone self studied physics or a similarly difficult subject before?
Gingerbread101
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by idkman)
I only have a few to go until my exams start, and I'm definitely going to fail history... I know I should've done something about that a looong time ago, but I thought I could do it until now :/ (that's really stupid of me i know i know...)
I know it's impossible to do the exams this June, but IAL Edexcel introduced October exams this year, so I might do that then (and if not i can just do the exams on January next year), and start studying the subject from now. I already self studied gcse psychology last year in one year and I got a good mark, so I know I can definitely study a subject on my own, and I did really well in igcse physics and I like the subject. However, I know I can't compare an easy-ish gcse subject with A level physics. I heard it's really tough and most of my friends got low marks in their January exam, so I'm really really worried. The problem is I don't really have a choice. It's either I definitely fail history... or maybe pass maybe fail physics???
Anyone self studied physics or a similarly difficult subject before?
It's definitely possible and lots of people have done it, but you'd need to be committed and work very hard
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Foundation Year Open Evening Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Jul '19
  • Regent's University London
    Psychotherapy Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Jul '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (129)
19.55%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (63)
9.55%
No I am happy with my course choice (374)
56.67%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (94)
14.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed