Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Son is about to withdraw from his degree course after completing Year 1 and two terms of Year 2 (finally decided it was the wrong course)

    He would like to start again on a different degree course from September 16. Please can I have a heads up of what he would/would not be eligible for finance wise.

    To complicate matters our income has dropped massively since he started the current degree - although he hasn't had a grant up to now will he fall into the new scheme i.e. no grant funding or or will he be able to claim some amount of grant?

    Many thanks.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 16, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing


people online now


students helped last year

University open days

  1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.