The Student Room Group

Why do people look down on buying prostitutes but not plowing drunk girls?

Just read about a thread of a guy trying to bang in a nightclub to lose his virginity.

Just that people look down on guys who buy hookers because it's gross and sad yet when a guy plows a girl who isn't sober enough to authorize it, it's pretty much rape.
Honestly I'd look down more on a guy who purposely took advantage of a drunk girl.
Though as soon as alcohol comes into the picture it can be very complicated to assess whether consent was true or not: a person could be led on and accused of rape, or even worse actually be raped.
Original post by davros1996
Honestly I'd look down more on a guy who purposely took advantage of a drunk girl.
Though as soon as alcohol comes into the picture it can be very complicated to assess whether consent was true or not: a person could be led on and accused of rape, or even worse actually be raped.

Original post by Foo.mp3
Not aware of many people who think it's legit to commit rape. As for prostitution, it's self-objectification + commoditisation of sex + exploitation

These.
'Taking advantage of' - i.e. raping - people too drunk to have capacity to consent is not ok.

Paying someone who has chosen to offer sexual services is fine. It's not for me, but then neither is paying someone a tiny fraction of the money to clean my toilet.

Neither covers everyone: some drunken sex is perfectly consensual and some people offering sexual services see themselves as having no other choice.
Original post by davros1996

I had a friend take advantage of me when I was drunk (He was sober ) I always think about it ....A year on ..

I always get upset when people blame to girl in this situation because drink does cloud your judgement .
I certainly look down on people who take advantage of drunk people. With prostitution, it doesn't bother me as long as it's between consenting adults but a lot of people seem to hire prostitutes to lose their vriginity which I think is pretty immature. Plus a lot of prostitues can be mistreated and they're contributing to that
Reply 6
Neither are particularly desirable. Tbh I dont really see why if you shag a drunk girls its taking advantage. She would have known it would be quite likely that she would be sexually compromised by drinking to extreme levels, therefore thats the game you play with alcohol. Westerners have these bizarre twists of morality they like to impose, if alcohol was banned altogether then women wouldn't be able to get in to that situation in the first place but instead its somehow the mans responsibility to not shag her even though she has willing consumed the filthy liquor and asked to be shagged.
"Although it is men who perpetrate rape, it is women who are urged to modify their behaviour by abstaining or drinking less, and thus accommodate the danger posed by predatory men."

thisisnotaninvitationtorapeme.co.uk/drinking

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending