Practical Test: How much to use instructors car?

Watch
Bubble_10
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi,

I am now preparing for my test which is booked for April. My instructor was telling me about prices and the school I am with charges £75 for test day! Which I think is absolutely ridiculous. I'm just wondering how much you paid to use your instructors car on the test? Especially if you live in London (which I do).

Thanks
Han-
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't live in London, but in the South in the commuter belt.

The charge for using the instructor's car is the same as the lesson - so if the test is roughly an hour then its £24 for that hour. However due to the warm up drive beforehand and drive home afterwards it ended up being about 3 hours which is £72 - so not far off your figure.
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Bubble_10)
Hi,

I am now preparing for my test which is booked for April. My instructor was telling me about prices and the school I am with charges £75 for test day! Which I think is absolutely ridiculous. I'm just wondering how much you paid to use your instructors car on the test? Especially if you live in London (which I do).

Thanks
It is reasonable. You will need the car, and the instructor's time, for almost three hours. You cannot drive to the test without him, and would be a fool to drive yourself immediately after the test, pass or fail, as you will be a bag of nerves.
cat2201
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
here in northern ireland 45 pounds to book test and 85 pounds to use the car on the day (including an hours lesson beforehand)
WeirdLittleO
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I had to pay for 2 hours worth of lessons. But I bought lessons in blocks so I just took two off my 10 hour block. I think 2 hours would have been £46.
1 hour before lesson, 40 minutes for test and 20 minutes for driving home

Good luck for your test

Posted from TSR Mobile
WeirdLittleO
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I had to pay for 2 hours worth of lessons. But I bought lessons in blocks so I just took two off my 10 hour block. I think 2 hours would have been £46.
1 hour before lesson, 40 minutes for test and 20 minutes for driving home.
£75 seems a bit excessive (although I don't live in London) as they wont be missing out on money during your test as they'd use that time for normal lessons so it makes sense to charge how much it would normally cost ?

Good luck for your test
Andy98
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
For me: £19*2=£38 +test price

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (131)
14.69%
I'm not sure (40)
4.48%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (268)
30.04%
I have already dropped out (22)
2.47%
I'm not a current university student (431)
48.32%

Watched Threads