Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Practical Test: How much to use instructors car? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am now preparing for my test which is booked for April. My instructor was telling me about prices and the school I am with charges £75 for test day! Which I think is absolutely ridiculous. I'm just wondering how much you paid to use your instructors car on the test? Especially if you live in London (which I do).

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I don't live in London, but in the South in the commuter belt.

The charge for using the instructor's car is the same as the lesson - so if the test is roughly an hour then its £24 for that hour. However due to the warm up drive beforehand and drive home afterwards it ended up being about 3 hours which is £72 - so not far off your figure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubble_10)
    Hi,

I am now preparing for my test which is booked for April. My instructor was telling me about prices and the school I am with charges £75 for test day! Which I think is absolutely ridiculous. I'm just wondering how much you paid to use your instructors car on the test? Especially if you live in London (which I do).

Thanks
    It is reasonable. You will need the car, and the instructor's time, for almost three hours. You cannot drive to the test without him, and would be a fool to drive yourself immediately after the test, pass or fail, as you will be a bag of nerves.

ReputationRep:
    here in northern ireland 45 pounds to book test and 85 pounds to use the car on the day (including an hours lesson beforehand)

ReputationRep:
    I had to pay for 2 hours worth of lessons. But I bought lessons in blocks so I just took two off my 10 hour block. I think 2 hours would have been £46.
    1 hour before lesson, 40 minutes for test and 20 minutes for driving home

Good luck for your test

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I had to pay for 2 hours worth of lessons. But I bought lessons in blocks so I just took two off my 10 hour block. I think 2 hours would have been £46.
    1 hour before lesson, 40 minutes for test and 20 minutes for driving home.
    £75 seems a bit excessive (although I don't live in London) as they wont be missing out on money during your test as they'd use that time for normal lessons so it makes sense to charge how much it would normally cost ?

Good luck for your test
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    For me: £19*2=£38 +test price

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.