Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hi guys,

    I am new here so apologies if I am putting this question in the wrong topic!

    I am currently studying A-Levels because I want to become a Veterinary Physiotherapist. However, after reading a few forums I've realised that there seems to be a bit of rivalry between the ACPAT (Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Animal Therapy) and NAVP (The National Association of Veterinary Physiotherapists) therapists. I would like to know what path I should go on to becoming a veterinary physiotherapist. I know that I can either study undergraduate human physio to become 'chartered' and then study post-grad vet physio or I can study undergrad vet physio straight off. I want to choose whatever option would enable me to get the most work but the problem with studying human physio is that I'm worried that I might not be motivated enough to get a 2:1 (which is required to progress on to study veterinary physio MSc) as I much prefer working with animals to humans. Has anyone studied human physiotherapy with the intention of working as something else? I understand that human physiotherapy is a very intense degree so would you guys recommend needing an extreme interest in the course in order to get the required pass grades?

    Sorry for the extensively long post, but I'm worried that if I do the path that I want to do (Bsc Veterinary Physio to become a NAVP physio) I may not get the work opportunities or respect that I perhaps could get from being an ACPAT physio.

    Thank you so much for your time

    I understand what u are saying but to get into work it would be quicker and easier to go straight into vet physio like I have with navp and yes there is stigma from e ones who are chartered but this shouldn't be allowed and as long as you are registered with someone to practice it shouldn't matter how you get there.

    Posted from TSR Mobile
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.