The Student Room Group

The "Which offer to firm, which to insure?" Thread 2016

I couldn't find one of these for this year so I was just curious, for those with 2 or more offers for medicine, which uni do you intend to firm and which to insure and why?
Reply 1
Original post by Torel
I couldn't find one of these for this year so I was just curious, for those with 2 or more offers for medicine, which uni do you intend to firm and which to insure and why?

For me, if Durham ever get in touch and give me an offer, my choices would stand at Glasgow, Aberdeen and Durham.

With that in mind I would probably choose Glasgow and Durham.

Just trying to work out which I would firm.

Durham favours CBL and old fashioned lectures with a lot of examinations in the first two years. It however also seems to have an awesome array of people and the collegiate system looks like it would be awesome. On the down side, I really don't fancy having to move several times throughout my course as I'm a mature student and thus not moving by myself. Also this uni costs 9k a year.

Glasgow is more PBL, which every doctor I've spoke with has told me to avoid like the plague. However they have good results and the uni and the city are both awesome. It's also in Scotland, where I currently live and as such is only about £1800 a year to go, which is vastly better money wise.

So still trying to work out which I would firm, although this is somewhat academic currently as Durham is still yet to get back in touch. Sigh
Reply 2
So Durham gave me an offer and now I'm sat trying to choose between Aberdeen, Glasgow and Durham... Which is awesome but I'm still unsure which one would suit me best.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending