Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I do not mean as in go over content i mean actually finishing off the syllabus?! Please help do i have enough time and how many pages should i do ? How many hours should i spend i'm doing 6 subjects and also when should i start doing past papers?!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salwachemi)
    I do not mean as in go over content i mean actually finishing off the syllabus?! Please help do i have enough time and how many pages should i do ? How many hours should i spend i'm doing 6 subjects and also when should i start doing past papers?!!!
    Since you can't go back in time, it's gonna have to be.

ReputationRep:
    you actually just made me wayyy more paranoid lool so i dont have enough time right? your just tryna sugarcoat the situation
    (Original post by ScienceFantatic)
    Since you can't go back in time, it's gonna have to be.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Well...i've only just started the Physics unit 3 course and the exam is in May, i'm not too worried because science especially physics is just a list of equation to work with. however with subjects like history, you definitely need longer than two months unless they have a textbook for that exam then you can just read through that and you're done. self study at home will also mean you can be head,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    Well...i've only just started the Physics unit 3 course and the exam is in May, i'm not too worried because science especially physics is just a list of equation to work with. however with subjects like history, you definitely need longer than two months unless they have a textbook for that exam then you can just read through that and you're done. self study at home will also mean you can be head,
    I am already homeschooled meaning i have much much more time the the average person who goes to school i am doing add science triple science eng lang eng lit arabic and mathematics what do you think with regards to time? any advice??

ReputationRep:
    Just get started, what help is contemplating how much time you have? That's a poor mentality to have. Prepare for tomorrow today.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I am already homeschooled meaning i have much much more time the the average person who goes to school i am doing add science triple science eng lang eng lit arabic and mathematics what do you think with regards to time? any advice??
    well to put it out there so you can compare, i've got english lit, french, geography, 2 history, 2 RE and 3 science exam, of which, i only just started reading the 2 lit books required (An inspector calls and Heroes) and the exam is in may, the triple science course was started in february and we're nearly finished with the syllabus ready for the May exam, the 2 history has taken 5 months to learn and the exam is in june.

Basically for a lot of these exams i'm taking, i've only just started to cover the course in school so yes it's possible to cover it within 2 months, it requires a lot of effort than usual though. But it's possible

ReputationRep:
    My son has just come home with his walking talking mock results which are mainly 2 grades lower than his expected A grades. How can I help him achieve his target grades by May. I am getting really worried!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deno43)
    My son has just come home with his walking talking mock results which are mainly 2 grades lower than his expected A grades. How can I help him achieve his target grades by May. I am getting really worried!!
    hello ! okay so there is so much advice i can give you but the most important and vital thing to ensure his sucsess is past papers past papers and more past papers! i can not stress this enough!! he must do past papers and mark them or get a teacher to mark them, the most important thing is not to be leanient even you can mark them just find his exam board online and get the mark schemes, with regards to the actual content e.g the syllabus make sure he is finishing it off asap so that he can start his past papers once youve marked the past papers make sure you check out the grade boundaries for that year to see progress! trust me that they are the best source of revision! they are literally a blessing you will definately get A AND A STARS if doing all of them at least once and must mark otherwise there is no point in doing them! he will learn form his mistakes and will learn what it is specifically the questions are asking him this is with regards to science mainly

ReputationRep:
    hello ! okay so there is so much advice i can give you but the most important and vital thing to ensure his sucsess is past papers past papers and more past papers! i can not stress this enough!! he must do past papers and mark them or get a teacher to mark them, the most important thing is not to be leanient even you can mark them just find his exam board online and get the mark schemes, with regards to the actual content e.g the syllabus make sure he is finishing it off asap so that he can start his past papers once youve marked the past papers make sure you check out the grade boundaries for that year to see progress! trust me that they are the best source of revision! they are literally a blessing you will definately get A AND A STARS if doing all of them at least once and must mark otherwise there is no point in doing them! he will learn form his mistakes and will learn what it is specifically the questions are asking him this is with regards to science mainly
    however past papers must be completed for every subject particularly maths he should definatlly use mathswatch it is amazing i know people who have jumped from a G to an A IN TWO MONTHS!

ReputationRep:
    Yes and worrying if it's enough time or not isn't going to help.

"Worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubble gum."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deno43)
    my son has just come home with his walking talking mock results which are mainly 2 grades lower than his expected a grades. How can i help him achieve his target grades by may. I am getting really worried!!
    i have so much amazing advice to give you i will brb just going to eat haha

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much. I have just printed all the aqa science specs and past papers/mark schemes and he is doing them as we speak. Thanks again.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.