Turn on thread page Beta

Short term health insurance for an internship in the US? watch

ReputationRep:
    I've got a 3 month long internship in New York this summer and I have been asked by the organisation to organise health insurance for that time period. I'm from the UK and don't have health insurance as here we are covered by the NHS.

Could anyone give me any advice on this- I'm uncertain if I am able to purchase insurance for a US based company as I am not American. Would it be better to buy insurance with an international / UK based company and ask for international coverage? I spoke with an insurance company today and they said I am better off getting 3 months travel insurance and that will cover health insurance for that time period.

If anyone has ANY advice on the matter pls pls help, I would greatly appreciate it!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.