Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I've got a 3 month long internship in New York this summer and I have been asked by the organisation to organise health insurance for that time period. I'm from the UK and don't have health insurance as here we are covered by the NHS.

    Could anyone give me any advice on this- I'm uncertain if I am able to purchase insurance for a US based company as I am not American. Would it be better to buy insurance with an international / UK based company and ask for international coverage? I spoke with an insurance company today and they said I am better off getting 3 months travel insurance and that will cover health insurance for that time period.

    If anyone has ANY advice on the matter pls pls help, I would greatly appreciate it!
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.