Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

My left wrist really hurts, i can't move it and i can only type with my right hand so i'll be really slow making this thread. I haven't done anything to it and i have no idea why it hurts so much, it's somewhere that got erm...'injured' years back and i went to hospital over it but it wouldn't randomly come back to haunt me now, would it....it's so annoying!

Enough complaning for now though because my half sister has come back after 9 months in Sri Lanka, and it's good to see her again.

ReputationRep:
    my right wrist really hurts

As badly as my left one does? Argh i wanna lop it off.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, why do we need all thiss dirtiness on the forum

MB

lol i didn't get my injury that way, i'm right handed, for a start.

ReputationRep:
    You lost a gem Now I don't have to be jealous anymore (just kidding)

ReputationRep:
    Might be RSI, go to the doctors

I know i get quite a lot of negative rep, perhaps i'm not tactful enough. Anybody want to get my my third gem back? I'm close to having it...please, i'm injured, feel sympathy for me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    My left wrist really hurts, i can't move it and i can only type with my right hand so i'll be really slow making this thread. I haven't done anything to it and i have no idea why it hurts so much, it's somewhere that got erm...'injured' years back and i went to hospital over it but it wouldn't randomly come back to haunt me now, would it....it's so annoying!

Enough complaning for now though because my half sister has come back after 9 months in Sri Lanka, and it's good to see her again.
    i take it ure right handed otherwise i wouldve blamed it on exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Might be RSI, go to the doctors
    What a stupid suggestion. He's hardly going to get a girl down at the doctor's.

ReputationRep:
    You probs have tendonitis....(spelt wrong most probs and is also known as a repetitive strain injury) basically its because your on the computer too long and your hand/wrist is fixed in that position. Basically it hurts like holy... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I know i get quite a lot of negative rep, perhaps i'm not tactful enough. Anybody want to get my my third gem back? I'm close to having it...please, i'm injured, feel sympathy for me!
    It always happens to the best of us

It's not exams, i don't know what it is, and i doubt it's RSI, wouldn't i have to use it a lot to get that? It got cut really deeply twice before as i've said but if it's going to hurt from that it would have hurt right since it happened, not years later...

ReputationRep:
    It's because you spend too much time on the computer

I doubt it's too much time on the computer, i used to be on it 5 times as much as i am now and didn't get pains then....

ReputationRep:
    if you're being serious and not trying to pretend it's from excessive masturbation, then it sounds like you have RSI (repetitive strain injury). I've suffered from this quite a few times, from my lifestyle of playing guitar and using computers a ridiculous amount. By using your wrist when it hurts you are making it worse. STOP NOW. Only use a computer when absolutely necessary in the next few days - you need to rest it. If this is the first time you've had this pain then it should only take 2 or 3 days to subside (give it a good day before using computers a lot after the pain has stopped - it has to recover). if you continue to strain it, then things will take longer to heal. So when you come back to using computers TAKE REGULAR BREAKS, every 15 minutes stand up, move yur wrists about gently, walk about - step away from the PC, if it's just for a minute or two. Also, avoid using laptops for a long period of time, these are the worst offenders! If you must use one, use it with a proper mouse, not the touchpad. Also dont do key combinations (Ctrl + c etc) with the one hand, use both hands - stretching the fingers well damage your hand.

I'm a key offender when it comes to a lot of this stuff - but the key is that at any sign of pain, no matter how slight, i always take 2 or 3 days off computing and guitaring - it's either that, or you could suffer from months/years of pain

ReputationRep:
    It's not exams, i don't know what it is, and i doubt it's RSI, wouldn't i have to use it a lot to get that? It got cut really deeply twice before as i've said but if it's going to hurt from that it would have hurt right since it happened, not years later...
    its proberbly just a phase coz my knee started hurting all last week but its stopped now, i injured it though about 5 month ago.
    go and see a physio and tell them u cut it ages ago - their cleverer than doctors

(Original post by Willa)
    if you're being serious and not trying to pretend it's from excessive masturbation, then it sounds like you have RSI (repetitive strain injury). I've suffered from this quite a few times, from my lifestyle of playing guitar and using computers a ridiculous amount. By using your wrist when it hurts you are making it worse. STOP NOW. Only use a computer when absolutely necessary in the next few days - you need to rest it. If this is the first time you've had this pain then it should only take 2 or 3 days to subside (give it a good day before using computers a lot after the pain has stopped - it has to recover). if you continue to strain it, then things will take longer to heal. So when you come back to using computers TAKE REGULAR BREAKS, every 15 minutes stand up, move yur wrists about gently, walk about - step away from the PC, if it's just for a minute or two. Also, avoid using laptops for a long period of time, these are the worst offenders! If you must use one, use it with a proper mouse, not the touchpad. Also dont do key combinations (Ctrl + c etc) with the one hand, use both hands - stretching the fingers well damage your hand.

I'm a key offender when it comes to a lot of this stuff - but the key is that at any sign of pain, no matter how slight, i always take 2 or 3 days off computing and guitaring - it's either that, or you could suffer from months/years of pain
    I has no idea i was implying anything to do with ******* until i got the replies. Thanks for the advice, i'll stay on a little bit more typing one handed but take an early night and not use the computer tomorrow if i can resist. Isn't it odd that it's my left hand that's hurt and not my right, my right hand does more typing and controls the mouse...

ReputationRep:
    well maybe you stretch more for those ctrl+c key combinations with your left hand. It's not just using the computer which as affected it - exams strain the wrists, so exams with un-ergonomic computer use will lead to RSI. It's a ***** to suffer from, i hate it when i get it - so i stress to all, AVOid WHERE POSSIBLE

Indeed it sucks, and there's only one person nice enough to give me sympathy rep!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.