Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have gone into abeyance for this academic year and will restart my year in September 2016. I was notified by student finance that they reduced the amount they pay to my uni to £4500. As I have gone into abeyance but will definitely be returning in September 2016 will I have to pay back that £4500 straight away or will it be after I have finished my full degree and after I earn more than £21000 per year?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by anonymous_1995)
    I have gone into abeyance for this academic year and will restart my year in September 2016. I was notified by student finance that they reduced the amount they pay to my uni to £4500. As I have gone into abeyance but will definitely be returning in September 2016 will I have to pay back that £4500 straight away or will it be after I have finished my full degree and after I earn more than £21000 per year?
    The loan paid to your university will be repayable under standard repayment terms (from the April after you leave your course if you earn over the amount).

However we've had a number of cases recently on TSR where universities have demanded fees above the standard SLC payments for students leaving study partway through a year. Your university should have a fees refund policy online somewhere which explains how much they charge for people who leave partway through a year - double check that they don't charge over £4,500 for people who go dormant on the date you did.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.