Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Raf prtc test functional skills watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys
    Got my prtc next week and just have a quick question regarding the functional skills test. If you already hold the fs qualification or equivalent do you still sit the test? As the document sent to me says you don't. But it doesn't give the alternative qualifications , the afco did says bring a copy of the qualies along just incase but also revise which is what im doing.

Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Denbers)
    Hi guys
    Got my prtc next week and just have a quick question regarding the functional skills test. If you already hold the fs qualification or equivalent do you still sit the test? As the document sent to me says you don't. But it doesn't give the alternative qualifications , the afco did says bring a copy of the qualies along just incase but also revise which is what im doing.

Many thanks
    Hi Denber,

What role are yoiu applying for out of curiosity?

everyone has to achieve FS quals by the time they leave Halton, I believe if you already hold the correct levels if you take your certificates with you they take them into account. In terms of equivalent quals, I think you will still have to sit them, as you actually need to achieve the Functional Skills Quals (something to do with regulations, but I may be wrong). To be fair, anyone who holds GCSE's have more advanced quals, but they don't get taken into account. But again I may be wrong as i haven't been to PRTC yet.

NorthFace

ReputationRep:
    Hi mate, I'm going for AMM mechanical. Yeah the Cpl I spoke to didnt seem to sure either but said just take my qualies just incase. I have got a hnc and been through an apprenticeship already so don't know if that will help at all. Still going to prep for the test anyway.
    Cheers

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 16, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.