Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Don't know how to quit. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hiya guys. At out school, there is a singing group called 'Dynamix'. I joined a few months ago, and i stopped liking it, and now i just want to quit. But here's the thing. My teacher, (lets call her Joanne, not her real name BTW) is SUPER strict and loud and mean and just a pain in the neck, really. I'm afraid if i quit, she will DEMAND to know why, shout at me and basically throw a tantrum as i have seen her do so many times before. Then i'm also worried at Music lessons she will just pick on me. Yes, she is that type of person. What should i do? What should i say? Help!

ReputationRep:
    Teachers shouldn't act like that towards students and if she does just speak to your parents and report her to someone. Just explain that you're quitting the group for now because you want to focus on your studies for exams etc and there should be no issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egirl127)
    Hiya guys. At out school, there is a singing group called 'Dynamix'. I joined a few months ago, and i stopped liking it, and now i just want to quit. But here's the thing. My teacher, (lets call her Joanne, not her real name BTW) is SUPER strict and loud and mean and just a pain in the neck, really. I'm afraid if i quit, she will DEMAND to know why, shout at me and basically throw a tantrum as i have seen her do so many times before. Then i'm also worried at Music lessons she will just pick on me. Yes, she is that type of person. What should i do? What should i say? Help!
    quit it, if she has a go at you speak with the head teacher
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    I would combine the first 2 answers and get parents to write a letter to headmaster anout wnating to focus on studies.

Point is ut would prevent her discriminating against you because the headmaster and your parents know.

ReputationRep:
    you just need to suck it up and do it, accept she'll probably be unhappy with you initially because it's not good news for her if someone drops out of her group, if she causes a problem deal with it then but don't assume it will happen ahead of time

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.