Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have gone into abeyance for this academic year and will restart my year in September 2016. I was notified by student finance that they reduced the amount they pay to my uni to £4500. As I have gone into abeyance but will definitely be returning in September 2016 will I have to pay back that £4500 straight away or will it be after I have finished my full degree and after I earn more than £21000 per year?

ReputationRep:
    Normally, following a withdrawal, the tuition fee will become repayable when your earnings are above the government defined threshold (i.e: £21,000).

Do bear in mind, if you have a grant or loan overpayment, then SFE may look at recovering this directly from you. From what I've heard, they are particularly determined to recover grants, but you should be able to setup a repayment plan if this affects you.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! Do you know if it is possible to ask for a ''partial loan'' paying so part of the tuition fees now with my own finances? I mean in order to ease my future debt.... I don't live in England and I can't find a lot on the net about this specific request.... can anyone help me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emerlini)
    Hi guys! Do you know if it is possible to ask for a ''partial loan'' paying so part of the tuition fees now with my own finances? I mean in order to ease my future debt.... I don't live in England and I can't find a lot on the net about this specific request.... can anyone help me?
    Phone them up. If not, logically, I imagine it would be pretty easy to simply pay back half of the debt as soon as you graduate. The charge of course, would be a few years interest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emerlini)

Yes, you can dependent on your application type specify how much you want on the loan request form, or make an arrangement with the University, and request them to send an electronic task (Change of Circumstance) to update the tuition fee amount that SFE need to pay them.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.