Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do religious individuals adhere to the 'No sex before marriage' idea? Watch

ReputationRep:
    My Christian friends do not. Most of them are no longer virgins, although they did lose it a lot later than the rest of us.

My Muslim brothers however, are rather well behaved. They'll make cheeky jokes about women/having sex with women, but when you have a serious conversation with them they'll admit they won't have sex/sexual contact with a woman before marriage (and they've stuck to this).

ReputationRep:
    Well I aim to stick to the whole 'no sex before marriage' thing. Not sure if people adhere to it or not.

ReputationRep:
    It's admirable if people want to do that.

I said to myself in the summer two years ago that I would save myself till marriage. Lost my virginity 10 months later

If they're really that religious obviously they'll stick to it

ReputationRep:
    Religious people tend to take what they like and leave what they don't. If they don't like it they will call it 'out-dated'.

ReputationRep:
    I find the Hindu and Islamic communities tend to stick to it. My close friends with those religions have abstained from having sex, even one Hindu friend who was dating her (now ex) boyfriend for two years. I think it's admirable to wait, but I don't think there should be any pressure to.

It's possible to invoke a technicality like they do in some parts of America: have all kinds of premarital sex except vaginal so you don't technically lose your virginity before you're married. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Some do,some don't. I know quite a few Muslims who have had sex before marriage, and I know others who are intent of waiting. Likewise with the Christians I know.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of Christians tend not to follow it 'round these parts, the Church of England is very chill about all sorts of things so it's not very ingrained in like it is with Muslims and such like

ReputationRep:
    Most do I reckon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    It's possible to invoke a technicality like they do in some parts of America: have all kinds of premarital sex except vaginal so you don't technically lose your virginity before you're married. :lol:
    I've heard of religious young people doing similar things and going onto say they're still Virgins. Most of my Muslim friends are still waiting to get married first before doing the act but not the case with most of my Christian buddies.

To the OP,I do not adhere to such rules,haven't done since I was 16 years of age but I have nothing against those who do

ReputationRep:
    Even though I'm not a very religious Hindu, I adhere to it.

ReputationRep:
    my friend was christian and fell pregnant and she is literally the last person anyone would expect to have a kid, let alone have sex!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.