Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Celebrity deaths should not cause public mourning Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am not telling anyone what to feel but if you feel the need to go out into the streets or, as I've heard, tell people when Bowie died it was worse than your mother dying, then you probably need some perspective.

I loved Bowie and Lemmy's music but I don't need to make a public spectacle of myself or create a new Jesus Christ.

http://thesatedire.com/entertainment...sprains-ankle/

ReputationRep:
    Or maybe you let people feel how they want to feel.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty arrogant to think you've got any kind of right to tell strangers how they should feel.
    What a ****!

ReputationRep:
    Live and let live

ReputationRep:
    David Bowie's dead?! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Died10 January 2016 (aged 69)
    Manhattan, New York, United StatesCause of deathLiver cancer

wtf?!?!

:eek2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by similarBlank)
    Or maybe you let people feel how they want to feel.
    Pretty ironic I started the sentence saying the same thing. C'mon people, It's one paragraph!

ReputationRep:

damn

Well I'm off to relive the genius and watch some live Bowie moments, so screw you OP.

ReputationRep:
    It does seem a little too much especially in some reactions xD but you have to remember to some people, those celebrities are like a mum (maybe more ) to them.

They may have learnt life lessons, morals, skills from them similar to from a parent and this will be especially strong if they were missing a dad/mum/both

At the end of the day tho, let them do them and you do you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Damien96)
    I am not telling anyone what to feel but if you feel the need to go out into the streets or, as I've heard, tell people when Bowie died it was worse than your mother dying, then you probably need some perspective.

I loved Bowie and Lemmy's music but I don't need to make a public spectacle of myself or create a new Jesus Christ.

http://thesatedire.com/entertainment...sprains-ankle/

Aren't you a bit late?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    Pretty arrogant to think you've got any kind of right to tell strangers how they should feel.
    What a ****!

Pretty ironic I started the sentence saying the same thing.Keep up mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ODES_PDES)
    Aren't you a bit late?
    As the year keeps bringing more celeb deaths the Tweets keep getting more ludicrous. I've seen some "grieving" people who were essentially session musicians.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrsjenner)

damn

Well I'm off to relive the genius and watch some live Bowie moments, so screw you OP.
    Did I tell you shouldn't or couldn't?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestShadow)
    It does seem a little too much especially in some reactions xD but you have to remember to some people, those celebrities are like a mum (maybe more ) to them.

They may have learnt life lessons, morals, skills from them similar to from a parent and this will be especially strong if they were missing a dad/mum/both

At the end of the day tho, let them do them and you do you
    Again, I'm not telling anyone how to feel, I am saying public grief over someone you have never met is distasteful and disrespectful to those who knew them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrsjenner)
    David Bowie's dead?! :eek:
    How did you even miss that? Half the world and their dog ranted on about how much he inspired or influenced them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Live and let live
    I wasn't threatening to take anyone's life. Live and let the dead truly rest in peace. It shouldn't be a public spectacle for mawkish grief tourists. Sadness is one thing, mourning is quite another.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    How did you even miss that? Half the world and their dog ranted on about how much he inspired or influenced them.
    I'm thinking he was being sarcastic? Surely?

ReputationRep:
    Which song is your favourite? Umm... that one with err? Um. Life on Mars? You mean the only one people remember? Yeah that one

ReputationRep:
    I missed it, don't pay attention to celebrities. Fight me.

Did I tell you shouldn't or couldn't?
    Er yes the title literally said that....

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking he was being sarcastic? Surely?
    Don't speak for me :curious:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.