Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

so i was off work today due to a stomach ulcer. i've been in a lot of pain but it's starting to ease off now. I called in sick this morning and said that I'd hopefully be back in a few days. My colleague has texted me saying I should call in now to say I won't be in tomorrow but I wasn't planning on calling till the morning incase I do feel well enough to come in. What should I do should i tell them now or just call in the morning?

ReputationRep:
    It depends. If you're sure you aren't getting in and you're too ill you should let someone know sooner rather than later. If you think you might get in then I would wait, I always call in in the morning (although early) as I see how I feel in the morning before deciding. The exception to that would be if that would cause an issue to your work, e.g. they need to arrange cover, need to sort something out with your work etc that would be much easier to resolve in the morning in which case you could be honest and say you're unlikely to get in but will let them know if anything changes tomorrow.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.