Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I've got a place to study Fashion Marketing/Management at the Winchester School of Art in September 2016. I do however want to live in Southampton, I've read online that the best halls for this is the Mayflower as it's close to the train station and the uni deduct from your halls to pay for your transport into Winchester. The Mayflower does look really nice and reasonably priced for the location.

Any one else having the same dilemma? Or does anyone go to Winchester and commute from Southampton etc etc? Any advice/guidance?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I will study Global Media Management in WSA in 2016, too. I am Chinese and not familiar with the accommodation in Winchester or Southampton.
    Could you please tell me the average payment in Mayflower per week? If it's reasonable for me, we may be the neighbor in the future.

Thank you,
    and sorry that I can't give you any help.

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    All the info is on the website but for Mayflower for a standard en suite room is £145.00 a week which is £5,546 a year.

But that's not too bad for en suite rooms I think!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, this might be a little late, given that we're about to start next week and you've probably already decided where you're staying but I'm also on the fashion marketing/ management course. I'm also commuting, but I live in Southampton anyway. Have you decided on Mayflower? Personally I prefer commuting everyday, to living in Winchester because the student life is much better here, with much more shops and activities available.

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Yes I decided on Mayflower and I'm so happy I did :-) we have a Facebook group chat for the FMM course, if you want me to add you to the chat let me know (you might already be on it and we may have already spoken!)

ReputationRep:
    😄 no I'm not on the chat, could you add me? I'll send you my Facebook profile privately thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.