Turn on thread page Beta

going to gaming conventions on your own? watch

ReputationRep:
    is it weird? i'd love to go to a gaming convention like insomnia but i don't have any friends that are into video games (i'm female with mainly non-gamer female friends) and the guys from work that game can't get the time off. do many people go on their own? is it easy to meet people there? or if not, how can i meet other people to go with?

ReputationRep:
    If you're in education, I'd recommend asking on your uni/college's student forum to see if anyone is going or interested in going, it's not weird to go on your own but obviously with big meetings like these, let people know where you are and stay safe

ReputationRep:
    Not weird at all. They'll be tons of people milling around and lots of professionals will go solo too. Should be great fun. Enjoy!

ReputationRep:
    Your a girl that plays games, certain types will be desperate to be your friend over there you'll be fine.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I'm think of going Insomnia too! (I'm so crap when it comes to travelling though). I'm gonna go with a friend, but doesn't matter if you go by yourself. There's a lot of people who go solo, but you meet new people there lmao.

ReputationRep:
    Not weird at all and people at these kind of conventions are usually very chatty and friendly so you'll no doubt get talking to people there very quickly and maybe even make some new friend's there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.