How would you describe your behaviour... Watch

Alice Jones 97
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
on...

a lift / a tube / bus / escalator

(e.g. body language, responding to people who fall asleep on you, having no where to hold onto a bus pole)

(e.g. people who break public transport etiquette) ( etiquette= is a code of behavior that delineates expectations for social behavior according to contemporary conventional norms within a society, social class, or group.)

(Odd question but it's for a project. I'm studying our behaviour in public as part of primary research...all responses welcome)
Blondie987
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Avoid eye contact at all costs!!
Foreverton
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Blondie987)
Alternatively you can stare right at someone and never say anything and not even blink. Just make them feel really uncomfortable

Posted from TSR Mobile
Blondie987
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Foreverton)
Alternatively you can stare right at someone and never say anything and not even blink. Just make them feel really uncomfortable

Posted from TSR Mobile
Him, I'm going on the tube tomorrow, think I'll try this
markreed
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Usually have my earphones in, but I do make eye contact with people on public transport quite a lot. I just like looking at people I guess (does that make me sound creepy? It probably does).

If someone fell asleep on me on public transport I wouldn't really care. It's happened to me before and I kinda just let them sleep haha.
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Avoid eye contact, tap my sides, twitch my lip or face to the side while looking up and generally just feel awkward and count the seconds until I'm out the lift. On escalators, I just stand there looking up or talking to the person I'm with. I don't feel awkward on them at all.

On a bus or train, I just sit with my headphones on and look out the window. I think I look content but probably sit there with my resting ***** face on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
morgan8002
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Maths is always the way to go.
||TheUnknown||
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Blondie987)
The worst is when you have to try avoiding touching other people when you have no pole to hold onto
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (84)
26.01%
No (239)
73.99%

Watched Threads