Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Private school kid - AMA Watch

ReputationRep:
    It's not all hogwarts, no.
    I'm also a boarder in an all girls, multinational house, if anyone is curious to what that's like.

ReputationRep:
    do you feel special because mummy and daddy paid for school?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    pls don't cry

ReputationRep:
    Burn them all down!

:mob:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Jokes . Name of said school?

ReputationRep:
    When are you available this week? I'd like to take you to dinner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mayhem™)
    do you feel special because mummy and daddy paid for school?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    pls don't cry
    Mine don't, I'm 100% academic scholarship, but I think many people feel special because their parents' pay, yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stefano865)
    Burn them all down!

:mob:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Jokes . Name of said school?
    That's sort of why I made an AMA, thought I'd try and remove some steretypes:')
    Bit stalkerish?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by og.east)
    When are you available this week? I'd like to take you to dinner.
    Being a boarder, practically never.

ReputationRep:
    How many followers do you predict you'll get through this thread + profile pic?

:3

ReputationRep:
    On a more serious note, do you find people irl to be as judgmental about private schoolers as online? I find irl people are a lot nicer and are less "Oh you go to a private school therefore you're loaded af therefore you're a spoilt sh**"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJP98)
    That's sort of why I made an AMA, thought I'd try and remove some steretypes:'
    Bit stalkerish?

Not really tbh.

Makes no difference to me.

Ok so just describe the basics a bit.

How prestigious?
    Co-ed?
    Do you board?

etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    On a more serious note, do you find people irl to be as judgmental about private schoolers as online? I find irl people are a lot nicer and are less "Oh you go to a private school therefore you're loaded af therefore you're a spoilt sh**"
    No, people in real life are much worse, lots of jeering from car windows and eye rolls when you say the school name. I've had a lot of people tell me I'll never understand the real world after this, but many don't realise I've worked for a child's minimum wage since I was 12, and my parents both work in a supermarket, I'm not stuck up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stefano865)
    Not really tbh.

Makes no difference to me.

Ok so just describe the basics a bit.

How prestigious?
    Co-ed?
    Do you board?

etc
    For Wales it is, it's a co-ed school but single sex boarding house, and yes I do board, weekly

ReputationRep:
    Have you met any annoyingly snobby *****y girls at your school?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJP98)
    No, people in real life are much worse, lots of jeering from car windows and eye rolls when you say the school name. I've had a lot of people tell me I'll never understand the real world after this, but many don't realise I've worked for a child's minimum wage since I was 12, and my parents both work in a supermarket, I'm not stuck up
    Hmm perhaps the situation's opposite for me because public British schools don't exist in my country. But that's really stupid.. I'd hate to endure that. For me, my parents' company pays for fees as part of employee benefits but I doubt people would care if I explained that over in the UK :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Have you met any annoyingly snobby *****y girls at your school?
    I met far *****ier girls in my taster days for the local state schools if I'm honest:') Although several of the extremely wealthy foreign girls are the epitome of annoyingly snobby *****y girls... Very hard to live with!:')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJP98)
    It's not all hogwarts, no.
    I'm also a boarder in an all girls, multinational house, if anyone is curious to what that's like.
    You spelt misogynists wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arniebob)
    You spelt misogynists wrong
    Can't tell if you're suggesting the school is full of them, in which case I would say no more than any other school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJP98)
    Can't tell if you're suggesting the school is full of them, in which case I would say no more than any other school
    What

No, your profile.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arniebob)
    What

No, your profile.
    Oh I see, sorry I thought you were making a relevant comment, I'll get that changed now

ReputationRep:
    What grades did you get for your GCSE's? What are the average GCSE grades of students there?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.