The Student Room Group

Private school kid - AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tazarooni89
IRL people probably just think it without saying it, but become braver online due to anonymity.

I live in Qatar in the Middle East and I'm fairly sure the majority of the locals are richer than any of us expats at private schools :rofl:

So in the UK that's probably true but I doubt it over here
Original post by AJP98
A lot during the younger years, not much now as I have two jobs so I don't miss out anymore on trips etc, so now I only notice it when discussing politics, as I'm far more left-wing than my peers
It's nice to have friends around yeah, and yes it's a good laugh, but yes it can be very strict. I really like the matrons/mistresses though, and I stay out of trouble so I stay on their good side.
Nope, common rooms and kitchens only:smile:
Yes, to the gym, sports courts and the boy's boarding houses, providing rooms are tidy etc
Nope, breakfast is at half 7, snooze you lose:wink:
Recently just lost 5 pupils to expulsion due to drug related issues, and their unfortunately quite common, many people get up to god knows what in certain spots that everyone seems to know about, but like I say, I stay out of trouble:smile:

So do you go out at all? Weekends?

I guess your routine during term time is pretty dominated by school.

Do you think you will let go at uni? :biggrin:

Slut it out big time. :teehee:

Spoiler

Reply 42
Original post by arniebob
You might enjoy PPE and Oxford because they study politics, philosophy and economics.

My mum's friend did that, it's a little daunting for me, as my maths skills leave much to be desired!:smile:
Ever done the bang with the wang?
Original post by Student403
I live in Qatar in the Middle East and I'm fairly sure the majority of the locals are richer than any of us expats at private schools :rofl:

So in the UK that's probably true but I doubt it over here

Oh right lol, yeah I can imagine it would be a different story over there.
Reply 45
Original post by stefano865
So do you go out at all? Weekends?

I guess your routine during term time is pretty dominated by school.

Do you think you will let go at uni? :biggrin:

Slut it out big time. :teehee:

Spoiler

Yeah weekends are more my thing:smile:
Very much so, and probably not, i'm not a big believer in promiscuity, but that's not to say I would judge anyone else choosing to do so:smile:
Original post by AJP98
My mum's friend did that, it's a little daunting for me, as my maths skills leave much to be desired!:smile:

Economics is an easy-peasy version of maths:tongue:

no hate pls
Reply 47
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Ever done the bang with the wang?

Yep, how does this relate to private schools, sorry?
Reply 48
Original post by arniebob
Economics is an easy-peasy version of maths:tongue:

no hate pls

Maybe, I scraped an A and thanked the Lord I'd never have to look at maths again:')
You've walked right into this.
Original post by AJP98
Yep, how does this relate to private schools, sorry?

Well how does posh civil bang with no wang compare to the great unwashed animals?
Reply 51
Original post by DrSocSciences
You've walked right into this.

Right into what, sorry?:smile:
Be nice, guys, c'mon… :noway:

What's it like boarding? Do you think it's better than not boarding? Why/why not? What's your overall experience been like so far? :h:
Reply 53
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Well how does posh civil bang with no wang compare to the great unwashed animals?

I wouldn't have anything to compare, sorry:smile:
Reply 54
Original post by iEthan
Be nice, guys, c'mon… :noway:

What's it like boarding? Do you think it's better than not boarding? Why/why not? What's your overall experience been like so far? :h:

It's fine, I was expecting a lot of that, I'm just hoping to iron out some stereotypes:smile:
I love it! Much better, I have a great laugh with the girls! It's closer to school, and I'm always within a short walk from a teacher of any subject, so I get a lot of help when needed:smile:
I've loved it, I've only recently began boarding, however:smile:
Original post by AJP98
Right into what, sorry?:smile:

A ruthless deconstruction of your presented image, which, incidentally, as one girl to another, I find very arch.
Reply 56
Original post by DrSocSciences
A ruthless deconstruction of your presented image, which, incidentally, as one girl to another, I find very arch.

What do you mean by arch sorry?:')
Again, I don't mind the 'ruthless destruction':smile:
Original post by AJP98
It's fine, I was expecting a lot of that, I'm just hoping to iron out some stereotypes:smile:
I love it! Much better, I have a great laugh with the girls! It's closer to school, and I'm always within a short walk from a teacher of any subject, so I get a lot of help when needed:smile:
I've loved it, I've only recently began boarding, however:smile:

That sounds cool! Congratulations on your scholarship too, that's an amazing achievement! Don't mind people being mean, you're not doing anything wrong :no:
Reply 58
Original post by iEthan
That sounds cool! Congratulations on your scholarship too, that's an amazing achievement! Don't mind people being mean, you're not doing anything wrong :no:

Thank you, it's been an absoloute blessing! Mind, I've had to upkeep A's and A*'s whilst I've had it, or it's removed, so It's definitely added pressure!:smile:
Reply 59
Original post by stefano865
Do you have/have you had a boyfriend?

Cup size, height and waist-hip ratio plz? :sexface:

No I don't, I have done, I'd rather not disclose, 5ft 5" and 40-32-40

Quick Reply

Latest