Turn on thread page Beta

Private school kid - AMA watch

ReputationRep:
    In depth history of your accent?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by similarBlank)
    In depth history of your accent?
    My father is a scouser, so it was pretty standard up until secondary school, I voice audiobooks etc now so I can show you exactly:
    https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/y...lcox_128kb.mp3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJP98)
    No I don't, I have done, I'd rather not disclose, 5ft 5" and 40-32-40

Hehe

Sorry about that.

Sounds good.

ReputationRep:
    How, if at all, can we prevent the use of nuclear bombs, chemical weapons and biologocal weapons by small groups of terrorists?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I_Mir)
    How, if at all, can we prevent the use of nuclear bombs, chemical weapons and biologocal weapons by small groups of terrorists?
    I've not a clue, I do wish I knew

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJP98)
    I've not a clue, I do wish I knew

Do the school ever put on parties?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJP98)
    My father is a scouser, so it was pretty standard up until secondary school, I voice audiobooks etc now so I can show you exactly:
    https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/y...lcox_128kb.mp3
    Interesting.... The sound quality is good, what did you use to record it? (Completely unrelated, I know, I'm sorry. :P)

I'm probably going to a private university (via scholarship, etc.) so I'm finding this thread most fascinating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stefano865)
    Do the school ever put on parties?
    Sometimes

ReputationRep:
    Interesting.... The sound quality is good, what did you use to record it? (Completely unrelated, I know, I'm sorry. :P)

I'm probably going to a private university (via scholarship, etc.) so I'm finding this thread most fascinating.
    Apple headphones:')!
    Enjoy much bitterness, It's common!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJP98)
    By boarder I guess you mean boarding school. What's that like? Is it like university or do you actually have curfews like in the movies?

Never knew anyone who goes to one so I'm clueless!

ReputationRep:
    Do you have a room mate?

ReputationRep:
    Was gonna ask if you guys played soggy biscuit when bored but you're a girl..... How's the grass there?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to have to agree with you and say that the stereotypes are very far from the reality at boarding school, majority of people are really humble and down to earth, then again you have nasty pretentious people everywhere!
    Do you also like boarding or wish you went to state school?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BristolFresher15)
    By boarder I guess you mean boarding school. What's that like? Is it like university or do you actually have curfews like in the movies?

Never knew anyone who goes to one so I'm clueless!
    I don't know what uni is like, but yes we have curfew, 10pm for senior girls. I'm not sure about middle/lower school girls, or the boys

ReputationRep:
    Do you have a room mate?
    I do, but she's rarely here at the moment! She's lovely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drandy76)
    Was gonna ask if you guys played soggy biscuit when bored but you're a girl..... How's the grass there?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't know what that is, sorry! You can't walk on it if you're not sixth form

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariewilliams)
    I'm going to have to agree with you and say that the stereotypes are very far from the reality at boarding school, majority of people are really humble and down to earth, then again you have nasty pretentious people everywhere!
    Do you also like boarding or wish you went to state school?
    Very much agreed! I love boarding, it's amazing, and I wish I'd had the friendships people make in state schools (more people etc) and I wish I was around the less capitalistic, right-wing-ness of private, but I do like my school alot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJP98)
    I don't know what that is, sorry! You can't walk on it if you're not sixth form
    Wouldn't advise googling it tbh, that's good, I like to think grass quality is closely linked to the quality of the institution

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drandy76)
    Wouldn't advise googling it tbh, that's good, I like to think grass quality is closely linked to the quality of the institution

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I shan't, and I agree

ReputationRep:
    Intetesting.... would you describe yoyourself as introverted It's just I would describe myself that way and I'm concerned about having a room mate.

Seperate question: what are the facilities like? Is there a TV?

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.