The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Birmingam city university -- could someone help

So I have a dilemma regarding entrance requirements to this course offered by BCU.
I've checked around and there are no colleges that offer a science based access course that includes physics, and BCU specify that the course must include a minimum of 6 credits.. I'm puzzled as to what I should because I really had my heart set on going to BCU. They mentioned distancelearningcentre but the price of that is in the 1000s and I wouldn't be able to do that. I asked if I could just study the physics (alongside a science based access course that doesn't include physics)with the DLC but they said point blank that they just wouldn't accept an access course that didn't have physics..

halp.

I suppose I could save up and pay the DLC, but that limits my options as to where I can apply.. and I wouldn't get any funding.

however if I did it with my local college, I'd get £1500 and my course would be completely free and I'd get WAY more support.
Reply 1
Original post by KyleH123
So I have a dilemma regarding entrance requirements to this course offered by BCU.
I've checked around and there are no colleges that offer a science based access course that includes physics, and BCU specify that the course must include a minimum of 6 credits.. I'm puzzled as to what I should because I really had my heart set on going to BCU. They mentioned distancelearningcentre but the price of that is in the 1000s and I wouldn't be able to do that. I asked if I could just study the physics (alongside a science based access course that doesn't include physics)with the DLC but they said point blank that they just wouldn't accept an access course that didn't have physics..

halp.

I suppose I could save up and pay the DLC, but that limits my options as to where I can apply.. and I wouldn't get any funding.

however if I did it with my local college, I'd get £1500 and my course would be completely free and I'd get WAY more support.

Hi i'm currently doing an access the science and maths course at college ! 3 subjects physics, psychology and biology and have recieved an offer from bcu to study diagnostic radiology.
good luck what are you going to study at uni?
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by kwhitman
Hi i'm currently doing an access the science and maths course at college ! 3 subjects physics, psychology and biology and have recieved an offer from bcu to study diagnostic radiology.

same as you mate but won't be applying for bcu sadly. :frown:
Reply 3

do you mean radiography?
Reply 4
Haha yes oops
Reply 5
Its strange your college doesn't offer it, i got to choose my subjects and just picked physics randomly! i'm glad i did now though! other unis don't seem that hot on physics
Reply 6
Its strange your college doesn't offer it, i got to choose my subjects and just picked physics randomly! i'm glad i did now though! other unis don't seem that hot on physics

yea sucks being welsh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending