Turn on thread page Beta

English Literature is the barrier to my dreams... watch

ReputationRep:
    I am doing fairly well in all my subjects including English Language. However, English Literature is threatening to jeopardize this. I am extremely hopeless at English Literature please give me techniques and things I can do to improve . My predicted grade is an A* and I am unsure right now as to whether I can achieve it.

ReputationRep:
    nice username & what exam board are you on/what novels and stuff are you doing? I got an A* in iGCSE 100% exam a year early in yr 10 so I could send you some of my stuff through since I haven't deleted them from my computer haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caitlinford3)
    nice username & what exam board are you on/what novels and stuff are you doing? I got an A* in iGCSE 100% exam a year early in yr 10 so I could send you some of my stuff through since I haven't deleted them from my computer haha
    Thank you and I am doing the AQA exam board and the pieces I am doing are Of Mice and Men and An Inspector Calls. I would really appreciate it

ReputationRep:
    Me too Pl0x, I need help. English Literature is the bane of my existence.

ReputationRep:
    I'm like the opposite to you!
    I'm good at English lit but I absolutely dread English language
    If i were in your position, I would make a mind map analyzing each key quote and by analyse mean every single thing from the punctuation of it to structure...7
    In the actual exam, what i do is like down the margiin i write stuff or key terms i woudl need to include in my work.
    For example if i was analyzing a christmas carol, i would have like interpretations, structure,punctuation,caricature ,context..
    Also knowing those extra language/structural device will really show off your skills
    e.g::syntax, diction,synesthesia,caesura, enjambment..)

ReputationRep:
    if you have notes on OMAM and AIC that would be much appreciated

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.