Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel A2 Chemistry Exams -6CH04 (14th June) and 6CH05 (22nd June) Discussion Thread Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lfcrules)
    the molecule with the amine groups on also had an oh group on . The oh group didnt lose a proton did it ?
    Oh I didn't put that it did. Not sure though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beautywithabrain)
    I did too
    The next question asked about Melting point so surely it must have been recrystallization.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Footyrulez)
    Ah thats what I got as well!!
    did you have to write the equation for the second non feasible reaction as well , i just said it wouldnt happen becasue the e cell was - 0.2 v

ReputationRep:
    I'm worried the grade boundaries will be super high because it seems people haven't found it that hard

ReputationRep:
    When labelling the solution for the half cells question what solution would you have? Would it be both ions in solution??

ReputationRep:
    did you have to write the equation for the second non feasible reaction as well , i just said it wouldnt happen becasue the e cell was - 0.2 v
    Naahh I didnt write the second (non-feasible) equation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Funky_Giraffe)
    When labelling the solution for the half cells question what solution would you have? Would it be both ions in solution??
    yeah , just like when yoi have the fe 2 / fe 3 half cel you have both ions i think

ReputationRep:
    Not sure tbh, I wrote out the second reaction just in case, as well as calculating Ecell value

ReputationRep:
    Trivially easy paper. 80 for an A*, 73 a, 66 b etc

ReputationRep:
    yeah , just like when yoi have the fe 2 / fe 3 half cel you have both ions i think
    Platinum electrode??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Franckenstar)
    The next question asked about Melting point so surely it must have been recrystallization.
    True! i ****ed up on that then. For the question on ibuprofen, did you mention something about the isomers being difficult to seperate?or expensive to seperate?

ReputationRep:
    Platinum electrode??
    Yes definitely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicklongy)
    First reaction with Iodide ions was feasible to get VO2+, Ecell around +0.46 I think?

Second reaction was not feasible Ecell -0.20V so remained at V(IV)

I had two further equations ending up at v(2), not too sure whether they were valid because they involved I-, vo2(+) and vo(2+) all in one then for the third I used v(3) for vo(2+)

ReputationRep:
    I got 6 isomers for the MCQ about the di nitro methyl benzene

ReputationRep:
    Platinum electrode??
    yep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RUNSran)
    True! i ****ed up on that then. For the question on ibuprofen, did you mention something about the isomers being difficult to seperate?
    I put the problems may be that both enantiomers are formed, that one is useless or even harmful and that they must be separated or a stereospecific synthesis done to ensure only one enantiomer is made.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GrandMasti)
    Was it 6? I got 4

ReputationRep:
    What did people get for the MCQ about amphoteric behaviour? Is it Zn(OH)2 beacuse thats the only one that can redissolve thus losing more protons?

Also what did people put as the catalyst for 2Ce4+ + Tl+ = 2Ce3+ = Tl3+

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GrandMasti)
    I got 6

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RUNSran)
    True! i ****ed up on that then. For the question on ibuprofen, did you mention something about the isomers being difficult to seperate?or expensive to seperate?
    Yeah they have to be seprerated from the chiral stuff

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.