Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel A2 Chemistry Exams -6CH04 (14th June) and 6CH05 (22nd June) Discussion Thread Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CLGC98)
    What was the amino acid chain thing in the MCQs???? I guessed in the end
    think i put b?

ReputationRep:
    what did people write for the synthesis? PCl5 to get benzoyl chloride then ammonia to get the final product (can't remember its name)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GrandMasti)
    There were 3 steps in the sythesis of benzamide right? Oxidation by K2Cr2O7, then PCl5, then Ammonia to form the amide?
    ****kkk i forgot the addtition of PCl5 I only put oxidation and reacting that will ammonia :'( how many marks will i lose ? :'(

ReputationRep:
    What was the amino acid chain thing in the MCQs???? I guessed in the end
    I put B cos of the order of the monomers, but it was so long!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nerdygeek101)
    what was the answer for percentage by mass of paracetamol?
    I believe it was 90 something %. I can't exactly remember but it was definitely in the 90s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mionescu)
    For it to be dispropportionation the element being oxidised and reduced has to come from the same compound.. the reaction was essentially the reverse of disproportionation (I think it's called comproportionation but it's not on our spec afaik)
    No it just means the same element not necessarily the same initial ON, and it came up in a previous paper as 'Reverse Disproportionation' so dpp is the reaction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sayshay)
    I put B cos of the order of the monomers, but it was so long!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I also guessed b!

ReputationRep:
    I also guessed b!
    I hope it's right! I missed out the last double page so I need all the marks I can get lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DesignPredator)
    No it just means the same element not necessarily the same initial ON, and it came up in a previous paper as 'Reverse Disproportionation' so dpp is the reaction.
    It was a reverse disproportionation reaction. A question telling us what it is came up in a previous exam paper (can't remember which one :/ ). Im pretty sure you had to say that it wasn't disproportionation as the same element is not simultaneously reduced and oxidised but it was rather the opposite

ReputationRep:
    I put B as well. You only have to look at the first two residues to get the answer lol

ReputationRep:
    can someone please please please please please post the unofficial mark scheme but today !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whizbox)
    I put that, can't remember if it said ionic or not but I literally had no idea on that question
    It said write an equation, did not specify so I wrote the ionic one.

Also guys, What did you get for the first weird iodine question? I said V5 would be reduced to V4, wrote down the equations and Ecell
    Also said that no further reaction would occur as Ecell is negative for the reduction of V4 by I or the disproportionation. Was that right?

ReputationRep:
    95% for paracetamol question
    +0.46 for vanadium and final ox state + 4
    Oxidise with excess pot dichromate , + PCl5, + NH3 for synthesis?
    recrystallisation + how for 4 marker (?)

anyone agree with those for the longer questions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sayshay)
    I hope it's right! I missed out the last double page so I need all the marks I can get lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Pretty sure it was B because the monomer is formed from the C=C and not the nitrogen. This, again, has come up before exactly the way it was. They seem to like recycling questions a lot xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by razortoad)
    I believe it was 92%
    don't lie it was 91.3% to 3 s.f.

It was a reverse disproportionation reaction. A question telling us what it is came up in a previous exam paper (can't remember which one :/ ). Im pretty sure you had to say that it wasn't disproportionation as the same element is not simultaneously reduced and oxidised but it was rather the opposite
    Lol I got that one wrong loooool but only one mark who cares.

ReputationRep:
    I wrote reverse but I still think dpp only will suffice because Cu reacts with Cu2+ to form Cu+, the same ELEMENT is being oxidised and reduced.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemica)
    ****kkk i forgot the addtition of PCl5 I only put oxidation and reacting that will ammonia :'( how many marks will i lose ? :'(
    I did the same but I shouldn't lose any marks as the reaction will most definitely proceed anyway. I said put excess ammonia to neutralise the acid too, just in case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaylo123)
    95% for paracetamol question
    +0.46 for vanadium and final ox state + 4
    Oxidise with excess pot dichromate , + PCl5, + NH3 for synthesis?
    recrystallisation + how for 4 marker (?)

anyone agree with those for the longer questions?
    Yup, I agree with all of that.

Although, when it said "reaction(s)" it kinda put me off because I thought there was more than one reaction occurring but it was just Edexcel trying to troll us xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Pedro K.)
    don't lie it was 91.3% to 3 s.f.

Lol I got that one wrong loooool but only one mark who cares.

Bro please help post the unofficial mark scheme, would be great!, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DesignPredator)
    I wrote reverse but I still think dpp only will suffice because Cu reacts with Cu2+ to form Cu+, the same ELEMENT is being oxidised and reduced.
    The definition references to same species, doesn't matter that it's the same element

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.