Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel A2 Chemistry Exams -6CH04 (14th June) and 6CH05 (22nd June) Discussion Thread Watch

ReputationRep:
    An alkaline fuel cell does have a platinum electrode right? for the MCQ it was KOH for the electrolyte and platinum electrode?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oShahpo)
    I did the same but I shouldn't lose any marks as the reaction will most definitely proceed anyway. I said put excess ammonia to neutralise the acid too, just in case.
    its out of 6, so i hope we only lose 2 marks :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by payet27)
    Bro please help post the unofficial mark scheme, would be great!, thanks.
    Loool it's all a blur I can't remember the questions xD I reckon samb1234 and C0balt might be better for this haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by razortoad)
    Pretty sure it was B because the monomer is formed from the C=C and not the nitrogen. This, again, has come up before exactly the way it was. They seem to like recycling questions a lot xD
    for that one i did this , Name:  IMG_20160622_121101.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  167.4 KB

ReputationRep:
    What was the answer to the mcq where it asks for the best explanation for why amino acids are solid?
    I said the zwitterion one, but I have a bad feeling that the answer was that they're amphoteric.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got 95.1% and I put B for the MC question about the really long amino acid chain question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GrandMasti)
    An alkaline fuel cell does have a platinum electrode right? for the MCQ it was KOH for the electrolyte and platinum electrode?
    Yeap

ReputationRep:
    think it was graphite elctrode and oh electrolyte

ReputationRep:
    GrandMasti Fe3+ for catalyst?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DesignPredator)
    I wrote reverse but I still think dpp only will suffice because Cu reacts with Cu2+ to form Cu+, the same ELEMENT is being oxidised and reduced.
    It needs to be the same species. Element doesn't matter

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Pedro K.)
    GrandMasti Fe3+ for catalyst?
    Yep

ReputationRep:
    What was the salt bridge for the hydrogen electrode? NaCl?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oShahpo)
    What was the salt bridge for the hydrogen electrode? NaCl?
    I said potassium nitrate

But NaCl should be fine I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Pedro K.)
    Loool it's all a blur I can't remember the questions xD I reckon samb1234 and C0balt might be better for this haha
    I haven't got the time soz

ReputationRep:
    I put that as well, but I just looked it up and it's a porous carbon electrode. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    was paracetamol 95 %??????

ReputationRep:
    For some of the ionic equations, was it okay to write it in terms of displayed structure (like the one with the amino acid)m

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    I haven't got the time soz
    cobalt , did you put graphite electrode for the mcq

ReputationRep:
    Pleaseeee i beg someone actually post the unofficial mark scheme first then lets discuss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Which one was the polypropenamide monomer?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.