Turn on thread page Beta

Edexcel A2 Chemistry Exams -6CH04 (14th June) and 6CH05 (22nd June) Discussion Thread watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramadeen)
    was paracetamol 95 %??????
    Got 95.13 %

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramadeen)
    was paracetamol 95 %??????
    Yus, I wrote 95.13 though hope that's alright.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Franckenstar)
    Got 95.13 %
    yeah that's what i got, is it correct??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Funky_Giraffe)
    Which one was the polypropenamide monomer?
    think it was c , if you look up polyacrylamide youll see it

ReputationRep:
    For the purification question did you have to use water or ethanol as the cold solvent?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lfcrules)
    cobalt , did you put graphite electrode for the mcq
    Platinum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PythagorasRex)
    For the purification question did you have to use water or ethanol as the cold solvent?
    It said use ethanol as a solvent in the question

ReputationRep:
    There was one with the double bond linkage and one with amide linkage, however the amide linkage is impossible so it had to be the double bond.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    Platinum
    do you know if thats actually correct , cuz a few sites on the internet are saying its carbon???????????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Franckenstar)
    It said use ethanol as a solvent in the question
    I used hot ethanol solvent then washed with cold water I think. Might lose a mark for that, might not, who knows.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  lol.JPG
Views: 74
Size:  1.9 KB

ReputationRep:
    do you know if thats actually correct , cuz a few sites on the internet are saying its carbon???????????
    I think in June 2013 there was a similar question in section B and it says platinum electrode

ReputationRep:
    It definitely is graphite.

ReputationRep:
    GrandMasti C0balt do you guys reckon if for the polychromatic glasses thing it matters if you didin't put state symbols but mentioned in your answer that Ag+ ions are reduced into solid silver atoms?

ReputationRep:
    its 100% platinum, its in the book

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Pedro K.)
    GrandMasti C0balt do you guys reckon if for the polychromatic glasses thing it matters if you didin't put state symbols but mentioned in your answer that Ag+ ions are reduced into solid silver atoms?
    It did say in the question "write the equation"

ReputationRep:
    Oh damn it. I got around 9% for the paracetamol. Out by a factor of 10... Whoops. Hopefully I'll get method marks.

Was a really nice paper, compared to those impossible IAL ones that I did for past papers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sayshay)
    What was the answer to the mcq where it asks for the best explanation for why amino acids are solid?
    I said the zwitterion one, but I have a bad feeling that the answer was that they're amphoteric.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah it was zwitterion. Amphoteric is only used for complex ions.

Breaaathe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Pedro K.)
    Didn't it say state symbols? I think you had to say in bright sunlight the position of equilibrium shifts to the right to increase the production go solid silver, causing the darkening. But I think you may get the marks maybe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oShahpo)
    It definitely is graphite.
    Nah m8

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.