Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel A2 Chemistry Exams -6CH04 (14th June) and 6CH05 (22nd June) Discussion Thread Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samb1234)
    no problem, I'm just procrastinating to avoid finishing my chem notes anyway haha so glad i could help
    You are procrastinating ? lol, tbh you don't sound like one haha. I'm a bigger one than you

ReputationRep:
    It is neither. Both electrodes, technically speaking are negative. Voltage is relative, so essentially the 'positive' electrode is actually negative just not as negative as the other electrode so relative to that electrode is positive

so just to confirm when you say 'not as negative' you're talking about the charge on the metal electrode itself?

ReputationRep:
    Guys can someone tell me if this could be called 2-bromo-1-methylbenzene?Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 85
Size:  19.4 KB On wikipedia it said 1-bromo-2-methylbenzene but I don't understand why bromo is on the first carbon?

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please explain question 8(a) and (b). I feel like it's a very simple question but i'm just not seeing something:

http://qualifications.pearson.com/co...e_20150610.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sabahshahed294)
    You are procrastinating ? lol, tbh you don't sound like one haha. I'm a bigger one than you
    Haha i cant bring myseof to finish them theyre too long (at roughly 200 pages atm lol) so yeah

ReputationRep:
    Haha i cant bring myseof to finish them theyre too long (at roughly 200 pages atm lol) so yeah
    Unit 5 is long tbh. 4 is better in this regard. Although I hate NMR Spectroscopy.. :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HaydenMoussa)
    Can someone please explain question 8(a) and (b). I feel like it's a very simple question but i'm just not seeing something:

http://qualifications.pearson.com/co...e_20150610.pdf
    In 8(a), you just add up the enthalpy of both the ions whereas in (b), apply the formula...Enthalpy of Solution= -Lattice Enthalpy plus Enthlapy of Hydration.

ReputationRep:
    samb1234 why is the answer to this D?
    Name:  lol.JPG
Views: 70
Size:  23.8 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Pedro K.)
    samb1234 why is the answer to this D?
    Name:  lol.JPG
Views: 70
Size:  23.8 KB
    cant be first 2 due to position of the o, c clearly is wrong

ReputationRep:
    cant be first 2 due to position of the o, c clearly is wrong
    Position of which O?

ReputationRep:
    Position of which O?
    the O is always to the right of the carbonyl group - if it was a standard carboxylic or acyl chloride you would expect one to be to the right and to the left at the other end

ReputationRep:
    the O is always to the right of the carbonyl group - if it was a standard carboxylic or acyl chloride you would expect one to be to the right and to the left at the other end
    Oh wow I just realised I read D as being a dicarboxylic acid when it is actually a hydroxycarboxylic acid (if that's what they're called) xD It makes sense now hahah.

Oh and also, you can't have two Os at either end of the repeat unit can you?

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow I just realised I read D as being a dicarboxylic acid when it is actually a hydroxycarboxylic acid (if that's what they're called) xD It makes sense now hahah.

Oh and also, you can't have two Os at either end of the repeat unit can you?
    no you can't as far as i know

ReputationRep:
    no you can't as far as i know
    Okay cool, thanks

ReputationRep:
    Just checking in here, finished all the past papers now just trying to tide my revision over to the exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whizbox)
    Just checking in here, finished all the past papers now just trying to tide my revision over to the exams
    how were your scores?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whizbox)

Wow already! Have you tried many IAL papers?

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Picture9.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  43.1 KB

is there a easy/ quick way of identifying which reactions are not bronsted lowry acid and bases ? please help x
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: docx Doc3.docx (76.4 KB, 31 views)

ReputationRep:
    Hi. Would anyone help out in 18(b)? I never really get this part right so a little elaborate explanation would be helpful. Thanks in Advance!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry my bad. Didn't realise that I didn't post the link lol

https://c838cff4741acb48ae1ed62e5992...0Chemistry.pdf

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.