Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel A2 Chemistry Exams -6CH04 (14th June) and 6CH05 (22nd June) Discussion Thread Watch

ReputationRep:
    Yo peeps can someone tell me why the answer is C? I always get these half-life questions wrong and it's 1 mark I know but it's really annoying haha Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 80
Size:  22.7 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Pedro K.)
    Yo peeps can someone tell me why the answer is C? I always get these half-life questions wrong and it's 1 mark I know but it's really annoying haha Name:  Capture.JPG
    In 4600 it would have had two half lives. Thus going from 1 to 0.5 to 0.25 moldm-3

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You can solve the differential equation if you get really stuck lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samb1234)
    You can solve the differential equation if you get really stuck lol
    Lol yeah maybe not for one mark

(Original post by ayvaak)
    In 4600 it would have had two half lives. Thus going from 1 to 0.5 to 0.25 moldm-3

Posted from TSR Mobile
    AHhhhh okay I get it So after the first 2300s, the conc has halved from 1.0 to 0.50, and then in the second one it has halved from 0.5 to 0.25!!

ReputationRep:
    Lol yeah maybe not for one mark

AHhhhh okay I get it So after the first 2300s, the conc has halved from 1.0 to 0.50, and then in the second one it has halved from 0.5 to 0.25!!
    Hence the if you get really stuck. If you can't remember the relationship or whatever in the exam then its relatively easy to get to it through that root, although obviously preferable not to have to do that

ReputationRep:
    Name:  20160610_105309.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  276.2 KB For the equation circled were we supposed to know this already or derive it ? The question is from jan 2015 q23cii)
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Name:  20160610_100308.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  204.0 KBAnd for this Q how do you know for sure the answer is D?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ayvaak)
    Name:  20160610_100308.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  204.0 KBAnd for this Q how do you know for sure the answer is D?
    If you learn the colours in the table on 90 of the CGP you should be able to answer that.

ReputationRep:
    If you learn the colours in the table on 90 of the CGP you should be able to answer that.
    I think he/she knows the colours because he's written them next to the answers but the colours contradict the question if you get what I'm saying. Cr3+ which is the right answer according to the mark scheme should give a purple solution in excess ammonia, not a green solution. I'm also confused why the answer is D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Funky_Giraffe)
    I think he/she knows the colours because he's written them next to the answers but the colours contradict the question if you get what I'm saying. Cr3+ which is the right answer according to the mark scheme should give a purple solution in excess ammonia, not a green solution. I'm also confused why the answer is D
    Not according to the user guide or other sources. Cr 3+ is almost always green unless it is in water solely but the way it's made means it is normally still green rather than violet

ReputationRep:
    Not according to the user guide or other sources. Cr 3+ is almost always green unless it is in water solely but the way it's made means it is normally still green rather than violet
    Ah ok. Sorry for the confusion. CGP does actually state that chromium in an ammine complex is violet which is probably the source of the confusion.

ReputationRep:
    Ah ok. Sorry for the confusion. CGP does actually state that chromium in an ammine complex is violet which is probably the source of the confusion.
    Yeah that is weird. For these kind of things its probably best to go by the user guide since thats the official edexcel version, even if it may be wrong

ReputationRep:
    Isn't it to do with ligand substitution with Cl-/SO42- ions in water which causes the green complex colour?

ReputationRep:
    Hi. Would someone help out in question no 18(b ii ) and c(ii) from this paper? Thanks in Advance.

https://c838cff4741acb48ae1ed62e5992...0Chemistry.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sabahshahed294)
    Hi. Would someone help out in question no 18(b ii ) and c(ii) from this paper? Thanks in Advance.

https://c838cff4741acb48ae1ed62e5992...0Chemistry.pdf
    Does it help if I tell you that ethanedioic acid is di-protic?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayman!)
    Does it help if I tell you that ethanedioic acid is di-protic?
    Have you done January 2015 (IAL) unit 4? If so, how did you do ?

ReputationRep:
    I'll do it tonight! I've just done IAL June 2014. I definitely think that the UK papers are harder than the IALs for chemistry (at least U4). I got 81/90 on June 14 which is just a mark above the A*, so cutting it close. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayman!)
    I'll do it tonight! I've just done IAL June 2014. I definitely think that the UK papers are harder than the IALs for chemistry (at least U4). I got 81/90 on June 14 which is just a mark above the A*, so cutting it close. :lol:
    Danhhh nice haha! I heard the U5 IAL papers are crazy though o.O

ReputationRep:
    Well i was gonna do a paper now anyway so ill have a look at it

ReputationRep:
    Well i was gonna do a paper now anyway so ill have a look at it
    ah okay gl

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.