Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel A2 Chemistry Exams -6CH04 (14th June) and 6CH05 (22nd June) Discussion Thread Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cpj16)
    he is lying ignore him,
    What is the point of me lying? I'm telling the truth.

ReputationRep:
    i have a few questions

- what if the product in an equilibrium is only a solid, and they ask you to determine the expression for kp, would you divide the reactants by 1?

- When using the lattice enthalpies from the data booklet do you use the theoretical or experimental value ?

- does hydrogenation only break C=C bonds or can it also break C=O into C-OH seeing as hydrogenation is the addition of hydrogen to break double bonds!?

- and with the definition for Dynamic equilibria would you describe it as ' The rate of the forward and backward reaction are equal , and the concentration of products and reactants are the SAME OR EQUAL' ?

ReputationRep:
    Well, no one believes me. Unless you're not writing the IAL paper, I'm telling the truth.
    Proof : Last question is worth 1 mark.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blazyy)
    Well, no one believes me. Unless you're not writing the IAL paper, I'm telling the truth.
    YESSS! I gave the paper youre right

ReputationRep:
    how do you work out order of reaction when other conc are changing eg 14 cii

http://qualifications.pearson.com/co...e_20150610.pdf

ReputationRep:
    How was the exam guys?

ReputationRep:
    how do you work out order of reaction when other conc are changing ?

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone please tell what was the skeletal formula of the ester formed?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys is there a thread for the IAL unit 4 chem? And does anyone know how to draw the pH curve?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think he said you are a liar as in he thinks you should tell them what came up in exams so they can do better..
    and hey yes last question is 1 mark

(Original post by Blazyy)

ReputationRep:
    It was good but I didn't like some of the questions. What is the unit for rate constant lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    It was good but I didn't like some of the questions. What is the unit for rate constant lol
    Mol-3dm9 s-1

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crimson1234)
    Mol-3dm9 s-1

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's what I got
    I didnt know whether to use s^-1 or moldm^-3s^-1 for the unit of rate

ReputationRep:
    How did you guys do the titration curve

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How were we supposed to know what alcohol came from the hydrolysis of palm oil (multiple choice) I have no idea what a plam oil molecule even looks like?!

ReputationRep:
    Personally think that paper had tricky bits. Did the graph for titration have 2 vertical sections and 2 equivalence points?

ReputationRep:
    What the hell was that jesus

ReputationRep:
    I used s^-1 for the rate, wasn't sure on that one

ReputationRep:
    the diatropic acid ka question killed me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lemony.)
    How were we supposed to know what alcohol came from the hydrolysis of palm oil (multiple choice) I have no idea what a plam oil molecule even looks like?!
    I think biodiesel production produces pronane-1,2,3-triol always in our spec anyway

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.