Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lfcrules)
    Why did tms have a stong peak ?
    I said all 12 of its hydrogens share the SAME environment so TMS will show a really intense singlet peak that you can make references to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    one bond forming one bond breaking

12 equivalent hydrogens
    PROM

ReputationRep:
    Were we meant to include h2o in the two Ka expressions?

ReputationRep:
    will there be a retake for this paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DezzleMon)
    Theyve asked a question about diprotic acid titrations before though and that was totally allowed so I shouldnt think they will null it. Theyre allowed to apply the knowledge without sticking 100% to the spec.
    They gave you more than enough information to be able to draw it. Plus if we started complaining about that a lot of other questions that require a bit of thinking would technically be "out of spec" too. They didn't explicitly say we DIDN'T have to know about diprotic so i think it was fair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovecake123)
    will there be a retake for this paper?
    Yes I think so, similarly to having resit papers for unit 1 and 2 this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CLGC98)
    Were we meant to include h2o in the two Ka expressions?
    I believe mark schemes normally allow it either with or without H20 because conc(H20) is 1 (i think)

ReputationRep:
    differences between D and the acid???

ReputationRep:
    Lol low grade boundaries anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Yes I think so, similarly to having resit papers for unit 1 and 2 this year.
    ah thats great cause the syllabus has changed but they normally make a legacy paper right? I'm not going uni this year so if i do terrible i can retake?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fisher96)
    Lol low grade boundaries anyone?
    Im thinking 66 for an A grade

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovecake123)
    ah thats great cause the syllabus has changed but they normally make a legacy paper right? I'm not going uni this year so if i do terrible i can retake?
    I believe so

ReputationRep:
    They gave you more than enough information to be able to draw it. Plus if we started complaining about that a lot of other questions that require a bit of thinking would technically be "out of spec" too. They didn't explicitly say we DIDN'T have to know about diprotic so i think it was fair.
    that is true, i think because it hasn't come up before it threw everyone off!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i think itll be quite a few marks down on last year tbh

ReputationRep:
    one bond forming one bond breaking

12 equivalent hydrogens
    Yes!! Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Fingers crossed that they make unit 5 a bit more straight forward . Last year it was the other way around; lots of people i know thought unit 5 was horrific
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by DezzleMon)
    Theyve asked a question about diprotic acid titrations before though and that was totally allowed so I shouldnt think they will null it. Theyre allowed to apply the knowledge without sticking 100% to the spec.
    They can ask questions about diprotic titrations but not drawing one though, the specification mentions this Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 176
Size:  89.9 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by setarcos)
    if you drew a small sketch with a line with a negative gradient, would that count?
    it will count.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feraligatr)
    They can ask questions about diprotic titrations but not drawing one though, the specification mentions this Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 176
Size:  89.9 KB
    we were meant to apply what we know to this situation plus they gave more than enough information- it would be a completely different scenario if they told us nothing- then they would do something about it?

ReputationRep:
    What was the last MC question?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 21, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.