Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel A2 Chemistry Exams -6CH04 (14th June) and 6CH05 (22nd June) Discussion Thread Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'd bother with the mark scheme if I had the paper in hand but I don't and my memory has drastically gotten worse since last year (I could remember every question off my heart for unit 2 mark scheme! lol) so I'm not going to bother unless someone gives me a copy....I'll chill with C3 revision for tomorrow lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemica)
    I pray to god that is the case!!
    For IAL exam it was 68 last year and the response to this years is far less positive so i think 66 is a fair guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    I'd bother if the mark scheme if I had the paper in hand but I don't and my memory has drastically gotten worse since last year (I could remember every question off my heart for unit 2 mark scheme! lol) so I'm not going to bother unless someone gives me a copy....I'll chill with C3 revision for tomorrow lmao
    I didn't mean an official lol those aren't allowed. I meant unofficial

ReputationRep:
    You know the big question on how to process the data to find the activation energy... could you say find the rate of reaction at different temperatures and plot ln(rate) on the y axis against 1/t on the x axis? Everyone's sating plot lnk against 1/t but the question said ln(rate) = -ea/RT

ReputationRep:
    I'm happy to have a go at the unofficial mark scheme if someone can help me with topics:

Multiple Choice

Acid titration stuff

Something else?

Bromine/Iodine clock kinetics

Carboxylic acid section C

ReputationRep:
    Unofficial mark scheme please.

ReputationRep:
    What was the hazard associated with one of the named substances? I guessed ammonium chloride is toxic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whizbox)
    i'm happy to have a go at the unofficial mark scheme if someone can help me with topics:

Multiple choice

acid titration stuff

something else?

Bromine/iodine clock kinetics

carboxylic acid section c
    please post the mark scheme bro

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Pedro K.)
    I didn't mean an official lol those aren't allowed. I meant unofficial
    yeah i know i meant id have a go at making one but not gonna bother trying to remember the questions lol
    (Original post by sayshay)
    You know the big question on how to process the data to find the activation energy... could you say find the rate of reaction at different temperatures and plot ln(rate) on the y axis against 1/t on the x axis? Everyone's sating plot lnk against 1/t but the question said ln(rate) = -ea/RT
    it is ln rate against 1/T I'm pretty sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Science&Despair)
    For IAL exam it was 68 last year and the response to this years is far less positive so i think 66 is a fair guess.
    Do you unit 4 is harder than unit 5 ? swear down last years unit 5 was piss easy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by payet27)
    please post the mark scheme bro
    I'm willing to try and see what I remember, but I need help with the topics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sayshay)
    I wrote ln(rate) as well. they did give us an equation which said that. so it would make sense to make that 'y'. I think we'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    yeah i know i meant id have a go at making one but not gonna bother trying to remember the questions lol

it is ln rate against 1/T I'm pretty sure
    People were saying you use lnk where k is the rate constant :/ I used 1/K (K being temperature in Kelvin) for x axis and ln(1/time) for y axis :/ dunno if that's right.

ReputationRep:
    Guys I used pencil for the graphs, i know this is obvious but is that going to be an issue in terms of scanning the papers ?

ReputationRep:
    WAit were we meant to label the titration curve o.O?

ReputationRep:
    I beg someone post the unofficial mark scheme, desperate to know how i done.

ReputationRep:
    People were saying you use lnk where k is the rate constant :/ I used 1/K (K being temperature in Kelvin) for x axis and ln(1/time) for y axis :/ dunno if that's right.
    they gave you the flippin equation
    ln rate = - Ea/R x 1/T + constant
    why is it there if its not what needs to be used lol
    it takes the form y=mx+c where y= ln rate, x=1/T, m=-Ea/R so you only had to say plot ln rate against 1/T. where T is in Kelvin

ReputationRep:
    WAit were we meant to label the titration curve o.O?
    only indicate equivalence points .

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone made a Hitler reacts video for this exam yet?

ReputationRep:
    they gave you the flippin equation
    ln rate = - Ea/R x 1/T + constant
    why is it there if its not what needs to be used lol
    it takes the form y=mx+c where y= ln rate, x=1/T, m=-Ea/R so you only had to say plot ln rate against 1/T. where T is in Kelvin
    So is that a yes or no?

only indicate equivalence points .
    Sick

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.