Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel A2 Chemistry Exams -6CH04 (14th June) and 6CH05 (22nd June) Discussion Thread Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CLGC98)
    What order was the reaction based on the graph drawn:???? i got a straight diagonal line
    same here, was first order

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DonPedrodoc)
    Wouldn't the measurement be the time taken for the colour change to occur, then one of the calculations is 1/time to find the rate.
    The measurements we need are rate and temp. To measure rate however we need to measure concentration change over time. As its only a 1 marker rate and temp should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    Its 3 hydroxy look at the photo

And oh my god that is right, flipping hell what happened to me lol it forms ketone of course

Posted from TSR Mobile
    it wasn't a secondary alcohol though, it was a primary cause it was at the end of the molecule??

ReputationRep:
    Any predictions on the grade boundary for an A* in this paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GrandMasti)
    Any predictions on the grade boundary for an A* in this paper?
    I'm thinking 76/77

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nerdygeek101)
    it wasn't a secondary alcohol though, it was a primary cause it was at the end of the molecule??
    It was secondary alcohol if you're talking about the MCQ polymer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _H_V)
    I'm thinking 76/77

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's quite high I think for this paper - maybe around 74?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    It was secondary alcohol if you're talking about the MCQ polymer
    oh i thought there was a primary and also a tertiary

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iwant)
    The measurements we need are rate and temp. To measure rate however we need to measure concentration change over time. As its only a 1 marker rate and temp should be fine.
    Ibthink ln (1/time) is ok in the y axis as 1/time is proprtional to rate.

ReputationRep:
    No one has yet been able to get the mark scheme??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GrandMasti)
    That's quite high I think for this paper - maybe around 74?
    Last years IAL paper was 73 for A*, but i found this paper a lot more challenging.

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking (Considering there was a 5 marker and a 6 marker which I've never encountered before - Still answered it mind you!) around 74 for an A*. Although they are raising their grade boundaries so I'm thinking more like 76/77.

Multiple Choice wasn't particularly bad if I'm honest, I reckon the only one I got wrong (Stupidly) was the 3-hydroxy butanoic acid one so around 18 or 19 out of 20

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had a pop at making the unofficial mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    Hey samb1234, hope Chem 4 was nice for you! How are you going about revising for Chem 5 now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayman!)
    Hey samb1234, hope Chem 4 was nice for you! How are you going about revising for Chem 5 now?
    Yeah it wasn't too bad, hopefully won't have lost too many marks. I have pretty extensive notes for chem 5 already so probably just doing papers for it tbh and reading over my notes (although I need to prioritise some other subjects a bit more atm) so that I should be ready to go by the exam. How did yours go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samb1234)
    Yeah it wasn't too bad, hopefully won't have lost too many marks. I have pretty extensive notes for chem 5 already so probably just doing papers for it tbh and reading over my notes (although I need to prioritise some other subjects a bit more atm) so that I should be ready to go by the exam. How did yours go?
    Are you guys IAL?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Pedro K.)
    Are you guys IAL?
    I'm not, he is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DonPedrodoc)
    Wouldn't the measurement be the time taken for the colour change to occur, then one of the calculations is 1/time to find the rate.
    I wrote time taken for colour change !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kevinchan1)
    I'm thinking (Considering there was a 5 marker and a 6 marker which I've never encountered before - Still answered it mind you!) around 74 for an A*. Although they are raising their grade boundaries so I'm thinking more like 76/77.

Multiple Choice wasn't particularly bad if I'm honest, I reckon the only one I got wrong (Stupidly) was the 3-hydroxy butanoic acid one so around 18 or 19 out of 20
    How do you know they're raising the grade boundaries? Hope it is 74 for an A* 🙏🏻

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samb1234)
    I'm not, he is
    Ah okay haha I definitely found it harder than any of the past papers lol... Oh well hopefully unit 5 will be nicer? XD

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.