Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel A2 Chemistry Exams -6CH04 (14th June) and 6CH05 (22nd June) Discussion Thread Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sabahshahed294)
    Anyone?
    see below

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samb1234)
    see below
    Ty so much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    Where can i get Jan 16?
    I've attached it below.

You want the max amount of the complex, which has one metal ion and 2 two ligands. Therefore the max is going to be when the ratio of metal to ligand is 1:2, so B (as for example if I have 50/50 then I can only have 2.5cm^3 of the metal reacting with ligand)
    I get it now - that was my initial notion as well, to have 1:2 since the conc. is the same.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf WCH05_01_que_20160127.pdf (516.8 KB, 60 views)
  2. File Type: pdf WCH05_01_msc_20160302.pdf (269.6 KB, 55 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Pedro K.)
    Mate 78 is like a solid score for me on the NORMAL ONES LOL YOU'RE INSANE!!!!! (In a good way)
    ikr? I would be happy with that in my U4, let alone U5 hahahah

if Samb is this good in his 4th subject, i can't imagine what a god he'd be in others xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayman!)
    I've attached it below.

I get it now - that was my initial notion as well, to have 1:2 since the conc. is the same.
    Cheers man

ReputationRep:
    I've attached it below.

were there any questions from the jan 15 one btw? I personally didn't like the whole paper seemed a lot harder than most of the ones i've done before

ReputationRep:
    Ayman! Chemistry is his 4th subject?!?! Wat the flipping heck xD He's on a whole 'nother level hahaha

ReputationRep:
    Um this is a slightly late question but what do ppl think will be full UMS mark for unit 4

ReputationRep:
    were there any questions from the jan 15 one btw? I personally didn't like the whole paper seemed a lot harder than most of the ones i've done before
    Only number 2. I think I figured it out though. I think you need to consider the number of OH- as well. I'll be coming out with a whole list of problems I've run into once I'm done with the past papers. 😂

How's your physics 4 btw? Mine is actually pretty decent atm.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    Only number 2. I think I figured it out though. I think you need to consider the number of OH- as well. I'll be coming out with a whole list of problems I've run into once I'm done with the past papers. 😂

OH- doesn't matter you just have to consider the oxidation states

N goes from +5 to - 3 so 8 electrons on the LHS
    Al goes from 0 to +3 so 3 electrons on the RHS
    Common multiple is 24 so multiply first half eq by 3 and second by 8 to cancel the e- therefore D

ReputationRep:

Nah you can ignore the OH-. Looking at ox states, OH is same, Nitrogen is -8 and Al is +3. So Al loses 3 electrons, and nitrogen gains 8 so by lowest common multiple electrons transferred are 24, so 8 Al and 3 nitrogen. Physics 4 is fine atm, currently on my third paper for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supermanxxxxxx)
    Honestly I have no clue

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ok, so if you add hcn in kcn, the cn- attacks the carbonyl group, eventually forming thr hydroxy-nitrile. You can then hydrolyse the cn group to the carboxylic acid group with an aqueous acid under reflux.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sabahshahed294)
    IAL Unit 5 papers are depressing. :sigh::sad: I did two of them and I feel like I know nothing! :'(
    exactly! are they meant to be harder or what? it made me feel so unprepared.

ReputationRep:
    Ayman! Chemistry is his 4th subject?!?! Wat the flipping heck xD He's on a whole 'nother level hahaha
    Thanks I guess haha, Hope unit 5 goes well for you, as well as all the other annoying exams next week

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I'm not gonna bother with the IALs. We only have 3 days or something until our exams and I have UK ones still to do + I don't want to be demoralised so close to the exam.. XD

ReputationRep:
    Thanks I guess haha, Hope unit 5 goes well for you, as well as all the other annoying exams next week
    Thanks mah dood! You too

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I'm not gonna bother with the IALs. We only have 3 days or something until our exams and I have UK ones still to do + I don't want to be demoralised so close to the exam.. XD
    im thinking of doing the same thing, but why are the ial exams so hard?

ReputationRep:
    When making benzendiazonium should the temp range be 0-5 or 0-10

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supermanxxxxxx)
    When making benzendiazonium should the temp range be 0-5 or 0-10

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i usually just say at 5 lol

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Supermanxxxxxx;65905062]When making benzendiazonium should the temp range be 0-5 or 0-10

0-10

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.