Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Edexcel A2 Chemistry Exams -6CH04 (14th June) and 6CH05 (22nd June) Discussion Thread watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samb1234)
    Thought I may as well set up the thread now since no one else had. Some stuff that people might find useful:

Chemguide - http://www.chemguide.co.uk/ (high quality in depth notes on most of the topics)

Chemrevise- http://chemrevise.org/3-edexcel-revision-guides/ (short and concise notes for each topic)

Specification - http://qualifications.pearson.com/co...ry_Issue_6.pdf

Papers - http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/...dexcel-unit-4/

http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/...dexcel-unit-5/

(has all the papers currently on edexcel website, as well as the IAL papers in one place)

If anyone else has some good links I have missed, please let me know and I will add them to the op.

Feel free to use this thread for any questions you may have, but please remember thatyou are not allowed to ask for details of practicals and anyone doing so will be reported.
    hey guys i know im stupid for even asking. i had some problems and i have studied nothings and the unit 5 exam is literally tomorrow. any predictions for what might come so i can touch those topics as far as i can for now so i could atleast get away with half dent marks. please help!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wunderbarr)
    I'm just going to say yes to aldehydes and ketones xD

Someone else may be able to clarify because I'm at the point of using the old tactic of hoping some things won't come up tomorrow .
    Lol snap xD I seriously hope our paper isn't as hard as the IALs...otherwise I am seriously doomed.

ReputationRep:
    do we think much redox will come up?

ReputationRep:
    I had noticed that I usually got lower scores on the ials.... are they purposefully made harder?

ReputationRep:
    For this question, does it mean that the mole ratio between Methoxy group and S2O3 2- is 1:6 ?
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlayerBB)
    For this question, does it mean that the mole ratio between Methoxy group and S2O3 2- is 1:6 ?
    Indeed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MacroniCheese)
    Indeed
    Thank you! Should we apply this every time we there is more than two equations because like the questions always used to give two equations, the first involved the formation of Iodine and the second the formation of Iodide that reacted with S2O3 2- and according to the reactant the mole ratio was not always 1:2 ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wunderbarr)
    Would seem veeery unlikely.
    oh damn I'm screwed so bad

i think we can
    Resits in AS and A level qualifications For AS and A levels we proposed that:
    •  Students taking AS and A levels in the last scheduled sitting should have theopportunity to resit these qualifications after the final scheduled award,regardless of the subject and exam board.

from gov site

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlayerBB)
    So why is 1 :6 ?

Or anyone else?

Need to go to sleep soon

EDIT: Never mind I just figured it out

ReputationRep:
    is anode negative ? and cathode positive

ReputationRep:
    Happy hunting tomorrow everyone

May success be thermodynamically feasible and kinetically unstable !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovecake123)
    yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Pedro K.)
    Lol snap xD I seriously hope our paper isn't as hard as the IALs...otherwise I am seriously doomed.
    I know right! Glad I'm not the only one who finds those papers HORRIBLE!!! Like 90% of it is application of knowledge!

ReputationRep:
    Could somebody please please post the Jan 2016 IAL paper mark scheme if they have a link? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovecake123)
    In electrochemical cells yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Summer199)
    Could somebody please please post the Jan 2016 IAL paper mark scheme if they have a link? Thanks!
    Here you go! This was a REALLY HARD paper btw. (as are all the IAL papers)
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf Chem Unit 5 IAL Jan 16 MS.pdf (269.6 KB, 37 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Summer199)
    Jan 16 MS
    Attached Images
  2. File Type: pdf jan16chemms.pdf (269.6 KB, 34 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Pedro K.)
    In electrochemical cells yes
    Hey Don, do you have any idea how to work out which electrodes are used to measure standard electrode potentials? Sometimes it's the metal of the solution of ions you have, sometimes it's Pt?! How are we meant to know lol

ReputationRep:
    If someone could explain these to me I would be eternally grateful From the IAL Jan 16 so if you're currently doing it no need to look as I have marked it - just not understanding why the answers are what they are and need some explanation for them
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please explain this question to me? Why don't we multiply the number of moles of chromium (II) ethanoate by two to get the number of moles of Cr2+? Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1466547023.634203.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  42.3 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1466547034.548412.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  40.2 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 21, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.