Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I left school last summer with 3 A levels and went to Nottingham University, however, I didn't feel like University was for me so i left at Christmas time.

Since then I have been applying for apprenticeships, mainly in sort of Economics-y related ones, I've got an assessment centre tomorrow so fingers crossed for that. But I have recently realised that I am not THAT interested in the world of economics and finance. I have mainly been applying because my dad works in finance sector so it seemed sensible, and i did well at Economics A level.

But even though Im not too sure if I want to apply for these types of apprenticeships, I don't really know what else to apply for!

What sort of things is everyone else applying for? Especially those who aren't really sure on what they want to do with their future.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruairidenneh)
    I left school last summer with 3 A levels and went to Nottingham University, however, I didn't feel like University was for me so i left at Christmas time.

Since then I have been applying for apprenticeships, mainly in sort of Economics-y related ones, I've got an assessment centre tomorrow so fingers crossed for that. But I have recently realised that I am not THAT interested in the world of economics and finance. I have mainly been applying because my dad works in finance sector so it seemed sensible, and i did well at Economics A level.

But even though Im not too sure if I want to apply for these types of apprenticeships, I don't really know what else to apply for!

What sort of things is everyone else applying for? Especially those who aren't really sure on what they want to do with their future.
    I applied for just Business Apprenticeships,like at Selex ES. There, you do rotations of their finance department and operations and stuff- it'll be good for me if I get in cause I know I want to work in the business sector, but not sure of the specific area.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Apprenticeship zone:

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Zone

All you need to know about higher and degree apprenticeships.

GIGF logo

Meet the apprentices

Read these case studies from real apprentices to hear the truth about what it's like!

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Vacancies

Find the latest higher and degree apprenticeship opportunities.

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick links:

Unanswered apprenticeships and alternatives to university threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.