Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redleader1)
    As the title says I graduated last summer with a 2.1 and now im working in a some what relevant job role, its not bad but its not demanding enough for me, the pay is decent too, my main job role would be either the police or teaching but I would rather go into the police, ive submitted my application form for a full time officer and if that doesnt work i'll do some voluntary work.

But im so bored its my day off but bloody hell instead of the relief im just sat at home, I meet my friends here and there. But I just miss that intensity of uni and the feeling of accomplishment. Fair enough its nice not to have the stress of uni but it just seems so dull.

What can I do ? Does anyone else feel like this
    Find a job abroad like Dubai, Abu Dhabi?

ReputationRep:
    Try doing some free online courses (MOOCs)? I've done a couple recently, run by Leicester and Southampton Unis. The basic content is pitched at a general audience, but the accompanying material allows you to go into a lot more depth if you want to. Interactions with the uni staff and facilitators on the discussion boards were very interesting. You can buy completion certificates if you want them, but they're otherwise free. I used FutureLearn, but there are others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klix88)
    Try doing some free online courses (MOOCs)? I've done a couple recently, run by Leicester and Southampton Unis. The basic content is pitched at a general audience, but the accompanying material allows you to go into a lot more depth if you want to. Interactions with the uni staff and facilitators on the discussion boards were very interesting. You can buy completion certificates if you want them, but they're otherwise free. I used FutureLearn, but there are others.

How exactly do they work, are there tests? And do you know how much the completion certificates are?

I had no idea these existed.

ReputationRep:
    As the title says I graduated last summer with a 2.1 and now im working in a some what relevant job role, its not bad but its not demanding enough for me, the pay is decent too, my main job role would be either the police or teaching but I would rather go into the police, ive submitted my application form for a full time officer and if that doesnt work i'll do some voluntary work.

But im so bored its my day off but bloody hell instead of the relief im just sat at home, I meet my friends here and there. But I just miss that intensity of uni and the feeling of accomplishment. Fair enough its nice not to have the stress of uni but it just seems so dull.

What can I do ? Does anyone else feel like this
    Follow your dreams of becoming a fisherman.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eriasu)
    Follow your dreams of becoming a fisherman.
    Fisherman ?

ReputationRep:
    Fisherman ?
    Yes my friend, follow your real dream, becoming the best fisherman there is!

ReputationRep:
    x
    Challenge yourself in something such as joining the gym, learning martial arts
    or improving yourself in something/overcoming a fear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azhar Rana)
    Find a job abroad like Dubai, Abu Dhabi?
    Na too far I would rather stay her in the UK

ReputationRep:
    Na too far I would rather stay her in the UK
    Alright

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    How exactly do they work, are there tests? And do you know how much the completion certificates are?

I had no idea these existed.
    There are occasional quick multiple choice tests, but they're just so you can check your progress if you want to. You can just skip past them if you're not interested. They don't carry formal credits, so there are no exams or anything like that.

The completion certs for the two I did were £35 each I think. I didn't bother buying them, as I was just doing them for the interest.

ReputationRep:
    Doing that, its ok when I see results but its only like and hour there and then back home.
    Hit Jim

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paktriot)
    Get married
    He asked for advice on how to cure boredom not make it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paktriot)
    Get married
    Not interested sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Start a religion and start selling tshirts on it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ...i know what you mean. i'm still at uni, but, i've always wondered what would happen after it. i've always wondered what id do with myself. a downfall to the education system, is that, it's all we've ever known. we get addicted to the lifestyle. it becomes a painful, isolating (as we see our friends we have known for years, jusst drop off to chase other quests), addictive drug. after it, we feel sort of... empty. useless. unfulfilled with our lives.

for now (until i can get a better answer myself); i'd just say: to keep chasing. don't get comfortable. don't allow yourself that luxury. you've graduated? good. now see if you can obtain a masters. you have a masters? good now see if it would be worth it to obtain a phd. if not, get back to uni and study another degree that you would be interested in taking to that phd level. don't settle for mediocre.

ReputationRep:
    Bloody hell its happening again.

ReputationRep:
    Become pregnant... You will be so occupied with pregnancy and then the baby that boredom will become a thing of the past.

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peanutbuttercup)
    Become pregnant... You will be so occupied with pregnancy and then the baby that boredom will become a thing of the past.

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Im a guy
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Try something new. Search for some hobbies you can try out. Volunteer for charities, take up a sport, do something creative, travel!

ReputationRep:
    Im a guy
    Oh.. Erm impregnate someone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.