Lauren1999
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm at a relatively small school and my teacher has encouraged the AS students with an interest to start a Med/Vet Society.Does anyone have any advice on how best to start this or what usually goes on at these type of things and how to get people interested?
thenextchemist
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Lauren1999)
I'm at a relatively small school and my teacher has encouraged the AS students with an interest to start a Med/Vet Society.Does anyone have any advice on how best to start this or what usually goes on at these type of things and how to get people interested?
Yep, the year 13s hold a medsoc for the year 12s.
They discuss the application process, any medical events and extra curricular so they can sign up for, organise work experience, go through a news story or ethical scenario every week, nearer the application process they help the year 12s with personal statement and interview practice, where to apply, etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lauren1999
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Bloom77)
Yep, the year 13s hold a medsoc for the year 12s.
They discuss the application process, any medical events and extra curricular so they can sign up for, organise work experience, go through a news story or ethical scenario every week, nearer the application process they help the year 12s with personal statement and interview practice, where to apply, etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (46)
31.29%
No - I have already returned home (19)
12.93%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (30)
20.41%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (14)
9.52%
No - I live at home during term anyway (38)
25.85%

Watched Threads