Turn on thread page Beta

What would your parents do with their house? watch

ReputationRep:
    I can help but dream one day they are going to transfer the ownership to the rightful heir (me).

My real question is what can't they just make this decision now than make me wait for ages? biologically I deserve this ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TaintedLight)
    I can help but dream one day they are going to transfer the ownership to the rightful heir (me).

My real question is what can't they just make this decision now than make me wait for ages? biologically I deserve this ...
    My parents live in France where by law it gets split equally between their children.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    My parents live in France where by law it gets split equally between their children.
    How are you going to split a house Einstein what a dumb law

ReputationRep:
    How are you going to split a house Einstein what a dumb law
    Indeed. Hence why so many houses sit empty in France as the kids cannot or will not decide on what to do with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Indeed. Hence why so many houses sit empty in France as the kids cannot or will not decide on what to do with it.
    You tell your weak french politicians the ownership should swiftly go to the youngest sibling of the house for he is the most wisest and successful in life. The young ones can witness all the high profile dumb mistakes the elders commit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    As if it was so difficult to sell the house and divide the profit equally.

ReputationRep:
    You tell your weak french politicians the ownership should swiftly go to the youngest sibling of the house for he is the most wisest and successful in life. The young ones can witness all the high profile dumb mistakes the elders commit.
    I'm not French..

ReputationRep:
    My parents don't own a house, if I was to wait for them to die so I can inherit it, I wouldn't have long with it and I wouldn't really want the house either.

I wouldn't mind being given my grandparents home but with my parents and cousins, I don't see myself being first in line to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0123456543210)
    Have you sold a house before? Or bought one? Its a complete pain in the ass with many legal pitfalls. I imagine it being near impossible to do so if one of the joint owners does not wish to see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    I'm not French..

You masquerading troll get out of my thread if you know what's good for you

(Original post by 0123456543210)
    No scooge gonna tain the legacy of my mama and papa

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.