Turn on thread page Beta

International Student seeking help in picking a university watch

ReputationRep:
    Sooo I have offers for Law at City University London and Queen Mary. I know that there's no one who has attended both universities (obviously), but i thought this would be faster than posting two individual threads asking for help. So for those who maybe attend either university or have friends who attend either university;

What's the social life like?
    What's the teaching like?
    Are there many good food places close by? (I love to eat basically and I like eating at new places)

I hope to apply for my masters after my qualifying degree.... would one university benefit me more than the other?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Why not post on the specific part of the forum for each of those institutions? The advantage is they are looked at by students of that institution.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaChlo)
    Sooo I have offers for Law at City University London and Queen Mary. I know that there's no one who has attended both universities (obviously), but i thought this would be faster than posting two individual threads asking for help. So for those who maybe attend either university or have friends who attend either university;

What's the social life like?
    What's the teaching like?
    Are there many good food places close by? (I love to eat basically and I like eating at new places)

I hope to apply for my masters after my qualifying degree.... would one university benefit me more than the other?
    I second 999tigger that for the most replies you are best off asking those questions in both the Queen Mary and City University forums on here and then you can put together the replies.

As far as food goes, they are both in London- you won't be far from a good restaurant-just googling good restaurants in Mile End' should bring up lots of results. Queen Mary is near Brick Lane which is well known for its Curry houses if that is your thing. Do be aware though that many students are on a limited budget and can only afford the odd meal out.

No experience of either uni I'm afraid though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Why not post on the specific part of the forum for each of those institutions? The advantage is they are looked at by students of that institution.
    ohhhh...... well is there a way to move a thread from one forum to another? or do I have to make another one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaChlo)
    ]
    There's a lot more Asian-styled restaurants near Queen Mary's, specially around Mile End.
    But it shouldn't really matter if you get accommodation in the City, theres plenty of restaurants.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.