Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Here's the deal: I'm a good student, A's and B's, chair of a society, department and course rep etc, I have a part time job working at primary schools as a teacher (programming). I've got previous experience with photography, video, running on sets.

Ideally my placement would be to do with 3D modelling, but I would take anything that has something to do with 3D and I can do photography, video, motion graphics, vfx, compositing on the side.

Today I got an offer for a job, where I would teach and get paid £700 a month, they would give me training and pay for certain expenses + bonuses if I'm good at it.

Now the question is, I think I can do better: as in, I love teaching but I don't forever want to be stuck in primary schools, is it a better idea to go to a company that would make me work on software as opposed to teaching?
    Should I be wanting experience, or is a job a job and I will learn things anyway? The company seems very flexible with what they can do for me as well, they seem very nice and are trying to go my way to help me with 3rd year project. They will give me training and they said, if you want to teach programming or 3D, we will give you a class that wants to learn that.

I feel like I can be picky but I don't know what the average salary and experience with 3D companies is, so I'm turning to you.

(Money is an issue, I need around £700 to survive per month and I don't have any other way of getting it than getting paid for placement and I am not going to work another part time job on the side because I work hard and am stressed enough, this is non-negotiable.)

Thanks for your help!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.