Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/n...ltime-students

Hello, I am about the maintenance loan for EU students because it says you can't apply for maintenance loan if you are EU.
    My girlfriend is in her second year and she did apply before through EU Migrant Worker and now she tried to get the loan through SFE and they said she can't apply for the maintenance.
    If anyone knows if there are any changes with that please I would appreciate because I am trying to find any information about this one but didn't find anything.

Thank you
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Alexcm1987

She would need to have had 3 years residency in the UK, before her course started, to apply for the maintenance loan.
    If she has applied as EU applicant and wish to change to migrant worker status, she should complete a PN1 form and send this to us with relevant evidence. As long as we have seen the original ID at EU stage then we would not require to see this again.

You can change from being assessed as an EU student to Migrant Worker at any time during the course as long as you were resident in England on the first day of the first academic year. she must be working throughout her studies.

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.